Current time: 09/05/2024, 20:17 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
What about new drivers? Would be difficult for them to learn every route.

How are rotas allocated/chosen? I assume timetables are not permanent, but can drivers choose what shifts or routes they work or are they given at random?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
S821 BWC out on the beechhill circs.
(24/06/2013 15:38)motormayhem Wrote:  S821 BWC out on the beechhill circs.

Is that another new arrival? I'm sure it wasn't in the original 9.
17021 (S821BWC) I have down as a Chorley one.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
(24/06/2013 19:59)gka472l Wrote:  17021 (S821BWC) I have down as a Chorley one.

New to london as TA21, transferred to morecambe for the 2/2As after single door conversion at lillyhall, then went to preston/chorley when morecambe got ex-manchester tridents.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jonesy3001/

If it's not in london they dont want to know
Quite possibly a transfer from Chorley as it would appear that service rationalisation is being carried out, with LCC contracts going to CY and TfGM contracts to Wigan.
Have they any school routes that operate from beech hill as it could be something like that as all i could see was beech hill due to its posistioning.
(24/06/2013 14:30)Polo Mint Wrote:  What about new drivers? Would be difficult for them to learn every route.

How are rotas allocated/chosen? I assume timetables are not permanent, but can drivers choose what shifts or routes they work or are they given at random?

I have a very good friend who has just become a trainee driver with Stagecoach and they apparently have to sit a geography test before they are offered a job.
I know that my mate has been given a list of all the regular routes his depot works and had been told it might be a good idea to go out in his spare time and do a couple of trips on each of the routes to familiarise himself with the routes.
Once he has completed his training he will drive with a buddy [an experienced driver from that depot] who will be with him for a good few days before he goes it alone so they are not just expected to find their own way Rolleyes
Its not just the route though that drivers have to know its the fare stages and where they all are as well and its not unheard of if the new driver ends up losing a bit of time on route for the experienced driver to jump in the cab to take over the driving so they can pick up a bit of time that they might have lost
47823 On the 309 today! I think it's transferred to Stockport!

User(s) browsing this thread: 50 Guest(s)