Current time: 03/05/2024, 10:39 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
(21/05/2013 15:22)MX12EOC Wrote:  
(21/05/2013 15:04)YSV-205 Wrote:  Apologies if this has already been on before.

Did the two guys who were racing to see who could go on all the 192 hybrids complete their challenge yet? If so who won & how quickly did they manage it?

I believe I have been on all the 192 hybrids now, I'm not sure about my opponent but I would like to call it a draw (:

And............for your next challengeSmile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Actually it would appear to be congratulations to MX12EOC, as I still have 8 to go.

Now, the next challenge........ Well here's a challenge I've set myself. To travel on every single bus of any type that is currently in the Stagecoach Manchester fleet or would enter the Stagecoach Manchester fleet at any time up until the Commonwealth Games begin in July 2014.
This is a challenge I set myself last year just before the Olympics. I managed to get all but about 7 or 8 of them before the Olympics started. The ones I didn't get, I simply carried over to my next challenge, which means I now need to get those twice. This includes all reserve buses as well. They are of course the hardest to get.
Back in 2012 of course, there were just the 4 depots, Hyde Road, Sharston, Stockport and Ashton. Now we have Wigan and Middleton which adds to the fun.
In order to complete my challenge, all buses that are in the Manchester fleet at the start of the Commonwealth Games have to have been travelled on. The challenge also includes some buses that have now been cascaded, and any newcomers that are yet to come.
As I am using the Olympics and now the Commonwealth Games as completion points, I am calling my challenge 'Going For Gold.' Smile
Wigan depot have lost the 2 skelmersdale to Runshaw college contracts and will lose the wigan to Runshaw contract in July! This due to a number of reasons but the main one is vehicle breakdowns! Confused
Also pvs took a dart and 2 optares away today!
I thought that was getting sorted with the introduction of Enviro400's?
(21/05/2013 20:16)ace Wrote:  I thought that was getting sorted with the introduction of Enviro400's?

Only one Enviro400 was being used but unfortunately more breakdowns has caused the contract to be lost!
Sad RE: Stagecoach Manchester
(21/05/2013 20:25)GmBusesNorth Wrote:  
(21/05/2013 20:16)ace Wrote:  I thought that was getting sorted with the introduction of Enviro400's?

Only one Enviro400 was being used but unfortunately more breakdowns has caused the contract to be lost!

I take it, that it means no more Enviro400's are going to be transferred to Wigan then.

I don't believe this for a second. As Nicholas said last time there is more to this than just simply reliability.
It is rather telling that on early versions of the takeover sheets the Arrows were to be replaced by London Tridents in summer, but later versions published before the takeover simply had the Arrows being disposed without relacement.

To me that suggests that Stagecoach had been planning to drop some contracts this summer for some time.
(21/05/2013 20:57)WhiteVanMan Wrote:  

I take it, that it means no more Enviro400's are going to be transferred to Wigan then.
I hope not there crap! Give us our volvo,s back!
MX55FGO and MX55HHN are new repaints at Wigan. Smile
(21/05/2013 19:45)ace Wrote:  Actually it would appear to be congratulations to MX12EOC, as I still have 8 to go.

Now, the next challenge........ Well here's a challenge I've set myself. To travel on every single bus of any type that is currently in the Stagecoach Manchester fleet or would enter the Stagecoach Manchester fleet at any time up until the Commonwealth Games begin in July 2014.
This is a challenge I set myself last year just before the Olympics. I managed to get all but about 7 or 8 of them before the Olympics started. The ones I didn't get, I simply carried over to my next challenge, which means I now need to get those twice. This includes all reserve buses as well. They are of course the hardest to get.
Back in 2012 of course, there were just the 4 depots, Hyde Road, Sharston, Stockport and Ashton. Now we have Wigan and Middleton which adds to the fun.
In order to complete my challenge, all buses that are in the Manchester fleet at the start of the Commonwealth Games have to have been travelled on. The challenge also includes some buses that have now been cascaded, and any newcomers that are yet to come.
As I am using the Olympics and now the Commonwealth Games as completion points, I am calling my challenge 'Going For Gold.' Smile

How about following the old ex Manchester/Stockport 'S' and 'T' reg MAN's that have left the local fleet in the past couple of years and having a ride on them in their new locations?Wave Laugh 2

User(s) browsing this thread: 12 Guest(s)