Current time: 12/05/2024, 05:28 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
(10/07/2012 21:09)mbonwick Wrote:  19369-73/7, 19541/2 are for London from the Highlands. I imagine they'll be off down with some of Manchester's.

Manchester aren't due any vehicles in to cover; they'll be covering themsevles.

They must just be stopping off on the way down then.
I'm surprised Manchester have enough buses to cover all the ones going down. I know there are some spare in the fleet and others re-entering service, but I heard there's about 90 buses going to London. Up to now I think I've counted about 30 that have either re-entered service or been brought in from London.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(10/07/2012 21:09)mbonwick Wrote:  Manchester aren't due any vehicles in to cover; they'll be covering themsevles.

I'd like to correct you there. 20 of Newcastle's Enviro400s are due to go to Hyde Road on-loan.

Your roving North East reporter, bring you the latest news from Arriva North East, Stagcoach North East and Go North East.

My Flickr
Updated regularly
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Info I have says 42 Enviro400s will be going from NE to London, along with Enviro300s. Nothing else.

Just ask yourself - if NE were sending Enviro400s to Manchester, why bother drawing in from West Scotland and Yorkshire?
(10/07/2012 21:37)mbonwick Wrote:  Info I have says 42 Enviro400s will be going from NE to London, along with Enviro300s. Nothing else.

Just ask yourself - if NE were sending Enviro400s to Manchester, why bother drawing in from West Scotland and Yorkshire?

How recent is this 'info' you have? Just the details that 20 NE Enviro400s are Manchester bound are from just the other day.

Your roving North East reporter, bring you the latest news from Arriva North East, Stagcoach North East and Go North East.

My Flickr
Updated regularly
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Most likely they are just passing through Manchester on their way to London, just like the Highland ones.
We are getting older Enviro400's from walkergate to cover our service, spoke to our workshop manager today
We had a fair few buses 58 plate buses from inverness in Hyde rd today, all of which had high back seats and seat belts, also tacho graphs......definately not for the 192, lol
So it looks like everything is being gathered in Manchester ready for a big convoy down to London.
High back seats and seat belts, I guess we could get used to that kind of luxury in Manchester, lol.
The one I saw happened to be on the 192 route at the time so that's what made me think maybe it was for us.
Was it liveried "fort link"?
They also have no assault screens
A number of Enviro400's were spotted first thing this morning in convoy on the M56 heading towards the motorway.

User(s) browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)