Current time: 10/05/2024, 18:34 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
31387 on X5 with one of the older ticket machines!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(05/03/2013 08:06)MX12EOC Wrote:  31387 on X5 with one of the older ticket machines!

By the looks of it all the Stagecoach buses running on Bluebird services are using Bluebirds ticket machines. Don't forget Bluebird day and weekly tickets are still available where as stagecoach day and mega riders are accepted but not issued. I would guess it will take 2/3 weeks before they change to standard Stagecoach ticket machines.
(05/03/2013 11:58)Mayneway Wrote:  
(05/03/2013 08:06)MX12EOC Wrote:  31387 on X5 with one of the older ticket machines!

By the looks of it all the Stagecoach buses running on Bluebird services are using Bluebirds ticket machines. Don't forget Bluebird day and weekly tickets are still available where as stagecoach day and mega riders are accepted but not issued. I would guess it will take 2/3 weeks before they change to standard Stagecoach ticket machines.

It seems that with all the operators that Stagecoach have been buying up recently in the North West of England that the ticket machines are one of the last items to change over to Stagecoach standard .
Think things have speeded up though. Wigan took a month to change but Chester/Wirral only a fortnight, so an operation the size of Bluebird would I thought have been fairly quick to convert.
The full Stagecoach paper ticket range is issued on Bluebird services using Bluebird's old machines (just like the Stagecoach range was sold on Wigan's Almex's before ERG's were fitted mid-February), alongside the Bluebird ticket range (valid only on ex-Bluebird services). Bluebird's range will stop being issued shortly. Stagecoach Smart isn't valid until the new ERG's arrive and are fitted, there should be an announcement just before the machines are fitted to say when Stagecoach Smart will be valid.
(05/03/2013 15:09)cumbria0902150 Wrote:  The full Stagecoach paper ticket range is issued on Bluebird services using Bluebird's old machines (just like the Stagecoach range was sold on Wigan's Almex's before ERG's were fitted mid-February), alongside the Bluebird ticket range (valid only on ex-Bluebird services). Bluebird's range will stop being issued shortly. Stagecoach Smart isn't valid until the new ERG's arrive and are fitted, there should be an announcement just before the machines are fitted to say when Stagecoach Smart will be valid.

That's not what I was told yesterday when I tried to board a Stagecoach bus on a Bluebird working, when i asked for a Stagecoach Dayrider - it was either a bluebird day ticket or a anybus daysaver Blush

I would imagine the ticket machines will change over during the one of the coming weekends.

One thing Stagecoach already seemed to have stamped there authority on is the destinations. Them daft blue flashing numbers in the front destination displays. The Solo in Ashton today had a normal orange display.
Enviro400 (19520) was on the X34 today, presumably filling in while B9s are re-painted.

Also, the North Western training vehicle was on Oldham Road travelling through Miles Platting. I'm guessing Stagecoach drivers route learning the Bluebird routes.
No, Oldham Road is common territory for our instructors. And Enviros will become permanent fixtures as the B9s will leave the fleet later in the spring.
Just seen on Facebook that a 600 has crashed! It will most likely be an Enviro that's crashed. Oh dear, what a shame! Smile
Not again!

That's the second 600 that's crashed in a matter of weeks!

User(s) browsing this thread: 11 Guest(s)