Current time: 06/05/2024, 21:45 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
(23/02/2013 11:15)ace Wrote:  
(23/02/2013 10:32)Southernsofty Wrote:  
(23/02/2013 09:59)MX12EOC Wrote:  More news just heard from a source in London that there are more tridents coming our way! This time it's not that bad because they're the newer kinds (:

51 reg?

A selection of Y to 03 reg I believe.
9.5 metre as well as 10.5 metre ?
Majority of these are leased but I am sure the leasing companies are only too happy to sell them onto Stagecoach.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
We're still not sure what the deal is with the 'leased' vehicles though - there's a good chance they're on hire-purchase agreements, in which case once things are paid off they belong to Stagecoach anyway.
Interesting working saw 19516 operate 12:10 X34 Piccadilly-Leigh today and 13:10 Leigh-Piccadilly return journey complete with Wigan Depot Drivers, also noted was that Wigan have got the new ERGs fitted to the fleet now

Heard today from a friend of mine that Stagecoach Manchester take over operations of Bluebird (Manchester) at 04:00 4 March not sure what's going to happen fleet wise between now and after the takeover date if anything
The fact that the ERGs are now being installed at Wigan should not neccesarilly mean the OFT has cleared the deal, but it looks a good sign!
(23/02/2013 12:42)mbonwick Wrote:  
(23/02/2013 11:13)ace Wrote:  What about the bus that runs it? (47559 MX08GJJ) Presumably to be re-deployed?

Pure speculation on my part but I'd imagine it'll stay at Ashton with non-DDA MPD 33174 withdrawn instead.

I would agree with that. It would be a perfect 'regular' vehicle for the 183 given the light loads. Plus a second smaller vehicle is still required at AZ for the Sunday 202 service.
(23/02/2013 15:22)mbonwick Wrote:  We're still not sure what the deal is with the 'leased' vehicles though - there's a good chance they're on hire-purchase agreements, in which case once things are paid off they belong to Stagecoach anyway.
I am sure I remember reading an article many years back which stated that Stagecoach bought their vehicles on a 'short-term' Hire purchase scheme, can't remember the exact details but I think they were 'bought and paid-for' after just a few years, 5 maybe?
My memory could be dodgy or they may have changed the way they finance things these days.
I believe? that all post 2001 buses in the London fleet were either leased from day 1 or Macquirie Group(spelling? - Sorry!) sold them to leasing Co(s) when they originally bought SC London.
I think we have probably covered this before somewhere (or maybe on another website),
There is usually a clause in a leasing agreement which give the user the option to purchase at the end of the term, certainly with Trucks, depending on the age/mileage, you can often buy a fully depreciated (but often 'knackered' high mileage) vehicle for a relatively low price, the benefit to the leasing company is that they don't have to market/sell on and physically collect/move vehicles.
Anyone out there work for Stagecoach, able to explain more?
Odd sight in Stockport today. MX56 F-- running rail replacement for east midland trains but even more unusual is that the interior lights were blue. All of them blue! :3
(22/02/2013 22:22)M60lad Wrote:  Well I got told the other day that Stagecoach are planning on running 112s fro Hyde Road and HE would transfer 76 & 171s to operate out of Bluebirds Depot

I doubt that would make much difference to the fleet. The buses those services use will go with the service to their new depot. So the S/T reg MAN's and 76 branded buses would transfer to Middleton, and whatever buses are to be used on the 112 will just move to Hyde Road.
No idea what's going on today however Wigan buses are chaos. The 600 to Wigan rolled up in Golborne 45 minutes late, and there was four of them at Marus Bridge on behind the other pretty much! I don't understand how they're so late as the college buses to St. John Rigby and Winstanley which go along the same route from Leigh and were due after some of the 600s were on time. 610s are also messed up too, I'm currently on a 20 minutes late MX55HHM on the 610 and P292KPX has just overtook us on the same route. I think the roadworks on the hill next to the Golden Ball pub are to blame for all of the delays! :p
The decision over wigan is due today is it not,wonder what the outcome is even though i think they will be able to keep it but just have to wait and see...

User(s) browsing this thread: 14 Guest(s)