Current time: 20/04/2024, 12:45 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

London Bus Scene
London Bus Scene
Please use this thread to post information about London Buses and London bus operators here.

Some new Go Ahead London news a mix of standard WVL B9TL's and Volvo Hybrid WHV's have gone on to route 19 which was taken over from Arriva London South in the last month or so along with Enviro 200's on the 493 which has also been recently taken over from London United. Interestingly the Enviro200's on the 493 don't have offside emergency exits and have hammers on the cove pannels. They do have rear emergency exit doors.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: London Bus Scene
Metroline have transferred routes 143, 232 and 326 to Cricklewood as the first stage of the closure of Perivale garage, due to be completed on June 23rd. Although I haven't been to the area today, I reckon MMs from route 232 will migrate to PA for route E6, with DEs finally converting route 232. This will standardise all remaining MMx at PA (for routes 90 and E6), and besides, new DEs intended for route 232 in 2009 were diverted to route 251 for operational convenience.
Does anyone know where to find a recent fleetlist for RATP please?
As you may have seen, London bus drivers are going on strike next Friday (22nd). They are dismayed not to be receiving a bonus payment during the Olympic Games, unlike staff on railway services.

Operators say they receive a fixed fee to run each route, while TfL say it is the responsibility of bus operators to decide payments. So, it remains to be seen whether anyone coughs up, and if not, whether any disruption continues during the Olympics.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-18461358
I have noticed London Buses to some extent sleepwalking into a two-tier network. While many Central London routes gain new buses including Hybrids, outer London routes often make do with refurbished buses. In 2009, routes 21 and 63 specified new buses while routes 321 and 363 had existing buses refurbushed. Likewise routes 27 and 267 this year. Some tenders in Harrow last year were based on existing buses from 2002 being refurbished ie VPs for Metroline and DPSs for London Sovereign.
How many N-YRW Olympians are still in London i rode one in may attending a Slayer concert at Aly Paly. I Rode 138 from Memory and it was a free Journey.
(03/07/2012 02:49)SLTRegular Wrote:  How many N-YRW Olympians are still in London i rode one in may attending a Slayer concert at Aly Paly. I Rode 138 from Memory and it was a free Journey.

SLT, London United tend to use the VA's on non TfL based contract services like the Twickenham rugby shuttles from Richmond Station, South West Trains rail replacements and other private hires like the Ally Pally ones. Hope this helps.
First have recently taken over from Metroline on route 70 using new Envrio 200's again missing the offside emergency exit door. Hope to get on one at some point soon.
saw borismaster LT6 heading north on m6 near jct 20 no idea where it was going to
(03/07/2012 18:55)Gillmoss 0324 Wrote:  First have recently taken over from Metroline on route 70 using new Envrio 200's again missing the offside emergency exit door. Hope to get on one at some point soon.

There is no requirement for dual door stock to have an offside exit as the second door acts as the emergency exit. Obviously due to WVTA regs the second door has to be on the low floor part.

London vehicles have been like this for quite a few years now.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)