Current time: 19/05/2024, 01:29 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bus Vannin
RE: Bus Vannin
One of the Mini-Buses was on Douglas Promenade.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
A Mercedes Sprinter and Volvo B9TL at Loch Promenade, Douglas.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

mercedes sprinter 142 on route 13
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(13/01/2014 17:43)Spiiibz Wrote:  mercedes sprinter 142 on route 13

Great to see them, they look fantastic. Any photos of them and updates on the StreetLite Fleet?

Also, is 141 in service yet?
141 was out and about on Friday on a test run. I managed to get a photograph of it and I will upload it and pictures of the other new buses (Volvos, Citaros and StreetLite 134) to my Flickr account in the next few days when I get time

I still haven't seen any of the new StreetLites in service other than 134. 126 was down at Port Erin on Friday night along with DAFs 5 and 7

EDIT: Trident 12 is still in use - saw it at Banks Circus on Saturday evening
(13/01/2014 18:25)FMN-503-T Wrote:  141 was out and about on Friday on a test run. I managed to get a photograph of it and I will upload it and pictures of the other new buses (Volvos, Citaros and StreetLite 134) to my Flickr account in the next few days when I get time

I still haven't seen any of the new StreetLites in service other than 134. 126 was down at Port Erin on Friday night along with DAFs 5 and 7

EDIT: Trident 12 is still in use - saw it at Banks Circus on Saturday evening

Thanks, I look forward to seeing your photos.

DAF 7 was in Douglas this morning, I seen it on the webcam Big Grin.

I'd imagine 141 is at Ramsey or Port Erin if it is in service?
Tried to get a Picture off 142 at Port Jack today on my phone but turned out blurry. Will try get one tomorrow if it is on route 13 as i work up there. Hopefully turns out better. Daf 7 was on Route 1 To Port Erin today also.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(13/01/2014 23:50)Spiiibz Wrote:  Tried to get a Picture off 142 at Port Jack today on my phone but turned out blurry. Will try get one tomorrow if it is on route 13 as i work up there. Hopefully turns out better. Daf 7 was on Route 1 To Port Erin today also.

Thanks for trying, shame about the end result. Very unlucky. I Know how it feels, one of my shots of 82 turned out like that during the summer, luckily I seen her again and even managed a trip. Nice to hear 7 is still out, the last Maroon and Cream ELC. 160-170 will look out of place when 7/123/124/126 and the remaining Red and Cream Vehicles leave the fleet. Does anyone know if 160-170 will be repainted Silver?

Also, has anyone managed a ride on 141/142 yet and does anyone know where 141 is?

Thanks to everyone for the frequent Bus Vannin updates.
DAFs 5, 6, 7, 9 and 10 have all been out in service in the last few days so there are still a few in service - 5, 6, 9 and 10 have all lost their "R" designation. I have been told by two different sources that out of the East Lancs bodied buses VDLs 44-46 are being retained. I'm not sure if these or Volvos 160-170 will be painted silver. I will try and find out whenever I can

I'm going to take a trip up to Ramsey tomorrow to see what's in service in the north so I will report any findings as soon as I can
(14/01/2014 17:00)FMN-503-T Wrote:  DAFs 5, 6, 7, 9 and 10 have all been out in service in the last few days so there are still a few in service - 5, 6, 9 and 10 have all lost their "R" designation. I have been told by two different sources that out of the East Lancs bodied buses VDLs 44-46 are being retained. I'm not sure if these or Volvos 160-170 will be painted silver. I will try and find out whenever I can

I'm going to take a trip up to Ramsey tomorrow to see what's in service in the north so I will report any findings as soon as I can

Have a good time, wish I could go to Ramsey tomorrow Big Grin. Look forward to your report/pictures, maybe you'll see 141 on the 16.

I've seen a few DAFs on the Douglas Webcam, and the Tridents. It'd be very interesting to see 44-46 in the silver livery. I'd like to see a uniform fleet livery again. Also, It makes sense that 44-46 are to be retained, even though Tridents 17 & 18, which are the same age, and 19-24, which are a year younger, because the Trident is never a Chassis with much favourable comment. I suppose this means that remaining Tridents 12/17-24 are to be disposed of?

Finally, are 1,2&3 withdrawn, and is 82 still in service?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)