Current time: 24/04/2024, 20:21 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The Weather
The Weather
Here are some pictures of the horrific weather yesterday in the North East. 1 months worth of rain fell in just 3.5 hours!

Some pictures can be seen here

And here is a picture of the lightning above the Tyne Bridge.

Smile Thanks,
Thomas, Tyne and Wear Reporter Smile

Visit my photostream here
(Updated often)

Was SPD17
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: The Weather
Now that was some rain to cause all that mayhem , we should all be fortunate that there was not any loss of life unlike the incident in shropshire earlier the same day.

This is now the second wettest june on record , this year seems to be one for breaking all sorts of records .
Strange but true on a nice sunny day .

The roof is on over the centre court and the floodlights are on at lord's , do the powers that be at those establishments know something that we dont ?
The weather is terrible today in merseyside with heavy rain!

Here is my Flickr photo stream why dont you take a look! It was last updated: 15/05/13
Hopefully back to normal summer weather for this country of sunshine and showers now , not relentless rain day after day.

Must feel like ages since we had those warm days in March and those very warm days at the end of May.
I wouldn't quite hold my breath on that. Tomorrow is only a high of 16C and Monday-Wednesday at least are back to yet more rain. Will it ever end?...

Justice is finally here. Rest In Peace the 96, You'll Never Walk Alone.

P309 HEM|N587 CKA|Y721 KNF|N302 CKB|X223 ANC
In Bromborough this evening we had our first significant rain for nearly a week with an big cloudburst , the clouds over the afternoon had just got more grey as the afternoon wore on till it was almost dark overhead.
The British weather has forced Chester races to be abandoned part way through the racing .

The cause was torrential rain caused by a thunderstorm passing over or nearby to Chester.
(05/08/2012 16:07)wirralbus Wrote:  The British weather has forced Chester races to be abandoned part way through the racing .

The cause was torrential rain caused by a thunderstorm passing over or nearby to Chester.

Yes and it was a cracking storm as well, just a shame the clouds were not any darker because you could barely see the lightning. Not bad really considering we had thunderstorms on both Saturday and Sunday. LOL

The 2002 Bus Blog is about Transport in the North West of England and North Wales however we do venture further afield on some occasions - why not check out our latest content on our Website

My Flickr page can be found Here

Why not also check me out on YouTube - I play a variety of Simulation Games including Euro Truck Simulator 2 and SnowRunner
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Currently raining heavily down here in hunts cross south liverpool at 02:21 am cant sleep as too hot even with fan on so popped on my favourite forum for a bit hope to get to sleep in a mo as am off to a disco tonight!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)