Current time: 26/04/2024, 23:28 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
[Archive] Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
RE: Arriva North West- Birkenhead Depot
(31/05/2012 22:20)Ultralow Wrote:  Some of them are not too bad but most of them are like 2316 its a vile bus!

I find 2316 better than some of Laird Street's originals, probably purely personal preference, but that is more like how the R-ABA ones where when they where new, in the days when they used to shift.

(31/05/2012 22:23)busdude Wrote:  Dont want any of the darts to go except for S848 RJC...god i hate that bus

I came off that on Saturday with a bloody banging headache the vibrations on idle where awful, reminded me of how 2109 ended up in it's last few weeks in service, I used to dread it when it turned up on my 409.

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(31/05/2012 22:27)SNL 824 Wrote:  We've been really lucky in the Wirral in recent years due to the diversity of buses at LS. But no more Palatines, no more Darts, Y-ABAs are going, Mylleniums are going - it's going to get a bit boring.

i agree, probably this time next year LS is basicaly going to be full of Pulsars Cadets and Gemini 2's
(31/05/2012 22:27)SNL 824 Wrote:  We've been really lucky in the Wirral in recent years due to the diversity of buses at LS. But no more Palatines, no more Darts, Y-ABAs are going, Mylleniums are going - it's going to get a bit boring.

I agree too, the only little bit of diversity to Laird Street in the future will be the occasional ride on a Volvo B7TL/Gemini which they aren't brilliant, but how long will it take for the first of these new Hybrids to fail, looking at statistics of other Hybrid fleets it isn't long before teething problems arise with Hybrid buses, maybe, just maybe the new fleet will be as reliable or even more reliable than the Enviro 400's for the cross river services.

(31/05/2012 22:29)busdude Wrote:  

i agree, probably this time next year LS is basicaly going to be full of Pulsars Cadets and Gemini 2's

Aaaaaaargh!
Find all posts by this user
Hello All,
I seen Dennis Dart with Plaxton Pointer 2 Body - R557 ABA (7557) on the 401 today it passed me by Bromborough Pool as I was heading to Chester on First Manchester 65739 the Dart was heading to Liverpool
News on the Cadets - 2433 is the other one here in the revised livery. This bus and 2479 are over the pits. There are 2 more Cadets still in the corner of the depot I think one of these is 2422.

Buses at the back of the depot include 8229/7635/3002/4027/2451

Dennis Dart 7547 was parked up ready to go out tomorrow! still going strong.
The Darts aren't as bad as the Cadets, i even don't like the referb Cadets, annoying the Pulsars have been taken off the 403/413 for Cadets, although the odd Pulsar tuns up.

When are the Hybrids coming, & how many on order as i've missed the news on this?

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
So we've a full house of Dart's... but not for long I assume!

(31/05/2012 22:59)MTL0201 Wrote:  The Darts aren't as bad as the Cadets, i even don't like the referb Cadets, annoying the Pulsars have been taken off the 403/413 for Cadets, although the odd Pulsar tuns up.

When are the Hybrids coming, & how many on order as i've missed the news on this?

Hybrids are due early 2013 and there are 33 coming to Laird Street.
Cadets need scrapping - terrible buses - it's going a bad few years on the wirral until they're scrapped
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)