Current time: 04/05/2024, 14:08 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bus Fire Liverpool
RE: Bus Fire Liverpool
RE people making verdicts on buses regarding fires. Pot , kettle, black with a few of you on here. Remember the Bendis coming north and people not wanting them due to catching fire?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Believe 2407 is now at Jackson Street in St.helens
I certainly wouldn't avoid these Dafs- I actually like them, but if as I understand these fires are due to a design fault, shouldn't operators with this type get together with VDL to figure out a solution. That's what the airline industry would do. I know it's not quite the same as a 320 catching fire mid flight, but it will only take one incident resulting in passenger injury for all hell to break loose, given the type's history of self-immolation.
Will of been towed to Jackson St by RNW Chris as that is the bodyshop/paintshop plus is the main place for engine work due to the space.
Well said Nick and agree maybe a stint on moderation might help tone the posting down.

2424 at Speke caught fire due to an electrical fault and was off the road for some time only coming back into service not that long ago.

1012 as it was known at the time was burnt out fully as in nothing left just the frame in 2006 i think it was
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(19/06/2012 21:29)ste Wrote:  RE people making verdicts on buses regarding fires. Pot , kettle, black with a few of you on here. Remember the Bendis coming north and people not wanting them due to catching fire?

Actually, I didnt know that any of the bendies had caught fire, There is a world of difference between not wanting a bus and wanting a bus to catch fire.
Just a reminder, 1012 was lost due to arson.
is that an ultralow before they was changed to 20** ?

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Yes Terry it was, wasnt there a P-HEM that also met it's end in a similar way to 2012.
5304 i think it was. Got caught up in the west derby floods and got set on fire and burnt to a crisp.
I knew about the bendies catching fire but so far all the ones Merseyside have got havent had that problem
i think 1 of the dwms and one of the hems was fire damaged, swear if another hem had gone up or another dwm had gone up i would of questioned it a little, one thing tho no pulsar or pulsar 2 has gone up in flames and theres so many of them, must be good at not going up (only thing they good for)

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)