Current time: 28/05/2024, 05:22 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Liverpool City Region Bus Franchising
RE: Liverpool City Region Bus Franchising
(27/06/2023 09:10)Barney Wrote:  Where do you think LCR/Merseytravel gets its funding in order to subsidise bus routes? Taxes.

I am old school and, apart from milk many decades ago, I have never had a pizza or any other suchlike food delivered to my door so I have no idea how efficient or not such services are.

Don't patronise me, I know full well where their money comes from. There's a £710 million package of government funding LCR is receiving over five years, a small portion of which could subsidise a night bus network at no additional expense to the taxpayer. I can tell you now, if LCR ask for more money for franchising as has been suggested, the answer will be no.

You really are mistaken if you think franchising will solve anything. There are people here who work in the industry who know how clueless those who'd be in charge of it really are. Merseytravel's city centre connectivity "improvement" scheme is another farce. Anyone coming from the Breck Road or West Derby Road corridors needs to change buses at Queen Square or walk half way across the city centre to get to Liverpool One. The 14 and 15 should never have been curtailed, because all it's achieved is to make crossing the city centre by bus more difficult. But, I suppose LCC can also take some blame for the 14 with their "improvements" to Mann Island. For the 15, there's no excuse.

By the way, 0/10 for your woeful attempt at humour.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Liverpool City Region Bus Franchising - CUL 73V - 27/06/2023 10:25

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)