Current time: 25/05/2024, 02:52 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

St Helens Area Bus Network Changes - April 2023
RE: St Helens Area Bus Network Changes - April 2023
(13/03/2023 21:35)Barney Wrote:  Is there any need for such abuse? Also, I very much doubt that these timetables are created by members of the Civil Service, "brain dead" or otherwise. My understanding is that Merseytravel have their own people who liaise with the relevant operators when compiling them.
Yes, there is a need because these people need holding accountable. These prats want public control of the bus network but aren't even capable of creating a basic bus timetable. That was the more mild reply that I had as well!

Merseytravel create the tenders, with timetables. Operators then bid to run that timetable. Operators aren't blameless in this as they should also be correcting the timetables to make them passenger friendly but firms such as HTL understandably are just going to bid on what is infront of them. Revamping the timetable to make them passenger friendly wouldn't get them any thanks or brownie points in the tender phase so they wouldn't bother. It's down to Merseytravel to have the sense in the first place to compile proper timetables.

It has to link back to Merseytravel somehow as well because the same mess happened with the 61 and now it's happening with more tenders accross various operators. It doesn't link back to just Arriva or just HTL etc, the common denominator between them all is Merseytravel.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: St Helens Area Bus Network Changes - April 2023 - iMarkeh - 14/03/2023 15:26

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)