Current time: 26/04/2024, 22:49 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Howards/Springfield
RE: Howards/Springfield
(19/09/2017 15:54)knutstransport Wrote:  According to the linked pdf it's Wilmslow to Heald Green to Quarry Bank Mill to Styal Hollin Lane/Altrincham Road to Moss Nook Ringway Road Tatton Arms and then to the Viewing Park via the normal route.

It's Altrincham Road at Hollin Lane that is shut which is why I am so confused as to the route they are using. Guess I will have a ride tomorrow and see where I end up going.

Edit: Looking on Cheshire East Roadworks would appear to be closed from the Prision towards Wilmslow, so now I understand the route and the new length of time for the journey. So it's going Wilmslow down to Heald Green down Wilmslow Road in Handforth and Finney Lane Heald Green, then back up to Styal turn around and head back down to the Airport
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Just seen online they changed the timetable again from 23rd September for the 200 and rerouted it.

Still running every 2 hours, with journey times now around 45 minutes. Drivers getting layover at Styal Mill of around 20 minutes, which I assume also has allowances caused by possible delays

http://cheshireeast.gov.uk/pdf/public-tr....09.17.pdf

It's now running: Styal Mill - Manchester Airport - Manchester Airport viewing - Airport tunnels - Wilmslow Bank Square - Bollin Valley - Wilmslow Rail - Wilmslow Bank Square and then back via the Airport Tunnels

Quote:Quarry Bank Mill, Hollin Lane, Ringway Road, International Approach, Malaga Avenue, Manchester Airport The Station, Chicago Avenue, Atlanta Avenue, Hong Kong
Avenue, Singapore Avenue, Melbourne Avenue, Sydney Avenue, Thorley Lane, Runger Lane, A538 Wilmslow Road, Sunnybank Lane, Wilmslow Old Road, Airport Viewing
Park, Wilmslow Old Road, Sunnybank Lane, A538 Wilmslow Road, Water Lane, Wilmslow Bank Square, Cliff Road, Styal Road, Manchester raod, Station
Road, Wilmslow Rail Station.

Return via Station Road, Swan Bank, Wilmslow Bank Square then as reverse of outward route.
(01/10/2017 07:17)mikemcniven Wrote:  Just seen online they changed the timetable again from 23rd September for the 200 and rerouted it.

Still running every 2 hours, with journey times now around 45 minutes. Drivers getting layover at Styal Mill of around 20 minutes, which I assume also has allowances caused by possible delays

http://cheshireeast.gov.uk/pdf/public-tr....09.17.pdf

It's now running: Styal Mill - Manchester Airport - Manchester Airport viewing - Airport tunnels - Wilmslow Bank Square - Bollin Valley - Wilmslow Rail - Wilmslow Bank Square and then back via the Airport Tunnels

I thought it was strange when I saw a Howards Enviro going out of Wilmslow towards Altrincham last week, when the previously advertised emergency timetable had the 200 routed via Heald Green.
(01/10/2017 10:25)knutstransport Wrote:  I thought it was strange when I saw a Howards Enviro going out of Wilmslow towards Altrincham last week, when the previously advertised emergency timetable had the 200 routed via Heald Green.

It got changed on the 23rd September, so I suspect the advertised diversion, which is for all road vehicles was too congested so reroute around the opposite way
Sankey High School service 268 has transferred from Springfield to Fairbrothers one month in the school year.
Howards have started operating a Liverpool to Amazon Fulfillment Centre, Warrington shuttle this week: http://www.howards-travel.co.uk/AMA1.pdf
What a weird route. Has anyone been seen on it? How many people are going to go from South Parkway or City Centre to Amazon? Of all the places, it just seems really really odd to pick those 2 places for bus stops. Lots of vehicles being used between this and the B52 now as the B52 uses 2 vehicles and this uses 2 vehicles. They must run onto Priestly or something looking at the times.
Am assuming this is a Closed Door contract with Amazon who will have workers living in South Liverpool

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
They was using a DLA on it from liverpool this morning when i seen it but had no one on it but its early days yet.
(16/10/2017 15:44)motormayhem1 Wrote:  They was using a DLA on it from liverpool this morning when i seen it but had no one on it but its early days yet.

Their B52 does really well - whole Enviro 400 packed + people standing when I was on there.
So hopefully this route (not sure what its service number is?) will do just as well.

The vehicle on the poster looks like it's from National Express West Midlands rather than Howards!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)