Current time: 07/05/2024, 14:37 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Howards/Springfield
RE: Howards/Springfield
F17 HOW unusually on route 27 yesterday. Only lasted until approx. 1400 when substituted for the usual Enviro200.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
SN65OHJ was off in the morning for warranty work and inspection. Substituted at 1400 when F17 went to Northwich to do school service to Helsby.

(17/05/2017 08:53)dca529x Wrote:  F17 HOW unusually on route 27 yesterday. Only lasted until approx. 1400 when substituted for the usual Enviro200.
The double decker appearing was the day after a bus broke down on the 27 route in the morning peak. I'm not sure if it was SN65 that broke down or a different bus.
Daf Alx400 X111HOW(X446FGP) sold to MP Travel Warrington, at Manchester Picc Station (Rail Replacement) Facebook report today.
Is the 48 cancellation a 56 day precaution, or has it been lost?
(07/06/2017 15:36)mikestone Wrote:  Is the 48 cancellation a 56 day precaution, or has it been lost?

I've noticed before it's on an Ian Howard licence while their other public bus services are on a Springfield Bus & Coach licence so it's possible if they get the new contract they'll want to put it on a Springfield Bus & Coach licence. (I don't know if that is the case but it's a possibility.)
According to the Howards Facebook Group, Cheshire West has removed the subsidies for this service
(08/06/2017 08:43)Nwales Bus Wrote:  According to the Howards Facebook Group, Cheshire West has removed the subsidies for this service

From earlier posts it seemed the main usage was scholars, so I wonder if it might restart as a limited school term only service in September (possibly with another operator if Howards don't want to run a limited service without a subsidy.)
F16HOW on B52 today - just considering whether it was safe to wait for the 15.13 arrival at Warrington BS without missing my train when it rolled up at 14.54.
Mr Howard has said today that the contract is being reviewed on a 3 year rolling contract or something along those lines but from what I gather, it will remain a full service operated by Howards.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)