Current time: 26/04/2024, 15:00 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Howards/Springfield
RE: Howards/Springfield
Surprised to hear about new B52 and 53 services run by Howards:
http://www.warringtonguardian.co.uk/news...Westbrook/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I notice from the article the bus services are funded by Omega.
Obviously being Saturday the school/college pupils won't be travelling on the 48 bus.

The Enviro 300 got used on the 289 when Howards first started running it. Never seen it on the 27 though.
The 48 is only a Monday to Friday service so f15 is usually spare all weekend.

I think rh66, the optare is allocated on 200 tomorrow from memory.

The 09 plate enviro Decker is going on the b52. It is hoped to be branded soon. We will eventually use a smaller bus for the short local journeys, b53.
(22/04/2017 20:04)Dentonian Wrote:  and that I don't recall ever seeing anything that size on the 200 before, irrelevant of Operator.

I can't either. GHA always seemed to put Solos on it and before them Swans always seemed seemed to use Enviro 200s. If GHA were short of c.30 seater buses it tended to be the 27 route which got a different vehicle, probably because that wasn't a contracted service so they were free to use a step-entry decker or coach at the time but on a contracted service they would have been required to provide a low floor bus. Was it Selwyns who had the contract before Swans?

(22/04/2017 21:59)The H man Wrote:  The 48 is only a Monday to Friday service so f15 is usually spare all weekend.

I forgot it was only Mon-Fri contract now. A former GHA driver said Saturday services used to be the busiest but that was before the number of school/college contracts were reduced.
(23/04/2017 09:10)knutstransport Wrote:  A former GHA driver said Saturday services used to be the busiest but that was before the number of school/college contracts were reduced.

I worked for GHA from October 14 to Feb 15 and did 48s fairly regular the saturday was 100% the busiest
(22/04/2017 21:59)The H man Wrote:  The 09 plate enviro Decker is going on the b52. It is hoped to be branded soon. We will eventually use a smaller bus for the short local journeys, b53.

Sounds great!
I'll definitely be out and about for a journey and photos when I can.
Am I right in inferring that these services will operate throughout the day, and won't just be the typical business area 'peak only' services?
The full timetable will be published soon, if not already on wbc website ?

The b52 is the workers bus and the 53 is similar to the old 33 service.
I spotted the B52 timetable at Warrington Interchange yesterday. Looking forward to seeing it in operation
Seen one of the DAF DB250LF Lowlanders passing my house earlier anyone have any idea why it'd be in Wrexham on a Sunday?

M.R.P Photography on Flickr | M.R.P_Videography on YouTube

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)