Current time: 07/05/2024, 09:31 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Howards/Springfield
RE: Howards/Springfield
(02/03/2017 17:39)SNL 824 Wrote:  I just got sent a picture of HOW51T seemingly on rail replacement with a destination display reading "choo choo I'm a train"!

Well to day when it finished being a choo choo it was reading "Off to Bed"

Also out on Rail Replacement was an ex Gee Vee Bova reg P61 HOW, is this the former P69 BSB, I assume the Olympian has been re registered from P61 HOW to P231 VCK
Any help greatly appreciated
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(26/03/2017 21:16)C209 GTU Wrote:  Well to day when it finished being a choo choo it was reading "Off to Bed"

Also out on Rail Replacement was an ex Gee Vee Bova reg P61 HOW, is this the former P69 BSB, I assume the Olympian has been re registered from P61 HOW to P231 VCK
Any help greatly appreciated
P61 HOW is indeed P69 BSB.

The Olympian that P61 HOW came off suffered fire damage last year and hasn't been used since so it may well have been withdrawn and given back the registration P231 VCK but has however more than likely gone for scrap. I'm not to sure how bad the damage was but from the picture I seen the smoke appeared to be coming from the fuse box area near the cab so presumably it suffered from some sort of electrical fire which would have probably seen it wrote off.
(27/03/2017 16:07)Lynx Wrote:  P61 HOW is indeed P69 BSB.

The Olympian that P61 HOW came off suffered fire damage last year and hasn't been used since so it may well have been withdrawn and given back the registration P231 VCK but has however more than likely gone for scrap. I'm not to sure how bad the damage was but from the picture I seen the smoke appeared to be coming from the fuse box area near the cab so presumably it suffered from some sort of electrical fire which would have probably seen it wrote off.

Many thanks - much appreciated
X111 HOW is now up for sale on Facebook.
Not sure what bus was on the 289 today. I saw it from a distance this morning and it didn't appear streamlined enough to be the Metrocity but then it was too long to be one of the Enviros.

I see TfGM have now added Springfield to the list of participating operators for Wayfarers (a list they only seem to update every few years) but no mention of Howards, which might confuse some people.
(19/04/2017 16:24)knutstransport Wrote:  Not sure what bus was on the 289 today. I saw it from a distance this morning and it didn't appear streamlined enough to be the Metrocity but then it was too long to be one of the Enviros.

I see TfGM have now added Springfield to the list of participating operators for Wayfarers (a list they only seem to update every few years) but no mention of Howards, which might confuse some people.

Probably the 05 plate Enviro300, it seems to be a regular on here when one of the Enviro200s or the Metrocity aren't on it.
Due to various issues with Metrocity Optare were apparently going to have a look at it so yesterday V24HOW Volvo B7RLE was out coving on 289s yesterday morning until 12:45 when Metrocity returned was out for rest of the day, F15HOW was out as usual on 48s so couldn't have been on 289s.
I did think it's their normal practice to have F15 HOW on the 48 in school term time.
(19/04/2017 16:24)knutstransport Wrote:  Not sure what bus was on the 289 today. I saw it from a distance this morning and it didn't appear streamlined enough to be the Metrocity but then it was too long to be one of the Enviros.

Interestingly they still have d&g on the list, despite d&g telling me via email (which I forwarded to tfgm) that they don't accept it!
(20/04/2017 06:55)djb Wrote:  Interestingly they still have d&g on the list, despite d&g telling me via email (which I forwarded to tfgm) that they don't accept it!

D&G have been on the list for years. I notice Bakerbus are on the list - despite not operating any services for years! With D&G originally taking over Bakerbus services in Cheshire East I wonder if they accepted Wayfarers on a temporary basis following that acquisition?

I emailed TfGM about them not mentioning GHA but including Vale of Llangollen Travel after the 88 service was transferred to a GHA operating licence and was operated by 'GHA Gold' branded vehicles, rather than 'Cheshire Connect Operated by Vale Travel' branded vehicles. They never changed it, despite the 130 and P1 also being on GHA licences.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)