Current time: 09/05/2024, 02:49 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Selwyns
RE: Selwyns
(01/11/2020 22:52)Liamkennedy2231 Wrote:  My concern is that this option would create an irregular timetable of about every 80 minutes when taking into account driver breaks and everything. Having an irregular timetable could mean even less customers, as it would be quite inconvenient for them having to work out when its due etc. In my opinion, adapting existing resource would be the better option, as it minimises additional cost and has the potential of keeping a regular service

It would only be for a short period of time and i would say every 90 mins , would be easy to understand , but it could help in the general scheme of things as other routes would be pared down at the same time .
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(01/11/2020 23:23)wirralbus Wrote:  It would only be for a short period of time and i would say every 90 mins , would be easy to understand , but it could help in the general scheme of things as other routes would be pared down at the same time .

That's true. Ah well, let's see what happens on Thursday. Either way change is needed
I would cut it down to 2 buses/coaches and for the service to loop round Liverpool to tie up with lime street and Liverpool one. or would go with X1 but not being limited stop any more to be worth having more buses on the route.

Or 1 Bus with it taking 25 mins end to end it could if limited to few stops only. and do a hour service with it interworked for breaks. or driver swaps after 5 trips ( 4 would work better as it tight with time)
I suspect Liverpool Airport will go back to a Skeleton service once again , the Airline Industry is now near enough on the floor.

Therefore any bus service for the airport just needs to cover the essential staff to keep the airport ticking over and the occasional passenger that will use the remaining services for there work.
I think the 500 should be a skeleton service now as it's primary market has almost zero usage. I think that was partly why Arriva have temporarily dropped it (with the driver shortage also playing a part). Resources (financial and operational) are much better being used on core services which people need to use rather then propping up a bus which is not used much and people can use many alternative buses. I don't think Merseytravel will want that since it will leave Jericho Lane and Riverside Drive without a service and while it is generally disused, I get the feeling Merseytravel want to keep the area serviced despite it's low usage. All areas with the exception of the 2 roads listed above, have alternative buses.
If Selwyns are to continue running the route, albeit on a skeleton service, something needs to be done for taking fares/passes. Surely Merseytravel aren’t willing to offer free services for the whole duration of the provision, so either ticket machines need to be fitted to coaches or buses need to be used.
(02/11/2020 19:52)Liamkennedy2231 Wrote:  If Selwyns are to continue running the route, albeit on a skeleton service, something needs to be done for taking fares/passes. Surely Merseytravel aren’t willing to offer free services for the whole duration of the provision, so either ticket machines need to be fitted to coaches or buses need to be used.

Easy fix they can just issue them.

TM 920 by Transmach or TICKETER HANDHELD that Manchester local link uses
(02/11/2020 20:27)Mrboo Wrote:  Easy fix they can just issue them.

TM 920 by Transmach or TICKETER HANDHELD that Manchester local link uses

Do Selwyns already have these though? Unless Merseytravel provides them, I don't see Selwyns buying any to be honest
(02/11/2020 22:32)Liamkennedy2231 Wrote:  Do Selwyns already have these though? Unless Merseytravel provides them, I don't see Selwyns buying any to be honest
When you run a bus service you tend to need ways of selling tickets They tend to be hired they would also have to pay a service fee to the say ticketer. as they would also need the office systems to go with them. now I think Merseytravel like TFGM can help as it a way to get smartcards to work if they look after the ticket systems for smaller firms. Stagecoach and Arriva like to use their own kit but also have the it systems to talk to Merseytravel. I know MP had to have a update for their systems.
(02/11/2020 23:52)Mrboo Wrote:  When you run a bus service you tend to need ways of selling tickets They tend to be hired they would also have to pay a service fee to the say ticketer. as they would also need the office systems to go with them. now I think Merseytravel like TFGM can help as it a way to get smartcards to work if they look after the ticket systems for smaller firms. Stagecoach and Arriva like to use their own kit but also have the it systems to talk to Merseytravel. I know MP had to have a update for their systems.

Yes, Selwyns have static ticket machines. But they probably don't have handheld ones, as most likely they'd be in use already.

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)