Current time: 08/05/2024, 17:43 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Selwyns
RE: Selwyns
(30/10/2020 21:35)Liamkennedy2231 Wrote:  Will these be the MMCs or some older ones?

Mmc are usually tied up with hope university...have noticed 3x61 reg Gemini 2 have transfered from sharston to Prenton so could be these 3
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(30/10/2020 20:02)darylyates17 Wrote:  Am I right assuming the 4 ex HTL Solos at Sharston have now gone?

Yes
(31/10/2020 15:17)chris-s Wrote:  Mmc are usually tied up with hope university...have noticed 3x61 reg Gemini 2 have transfered from sharston to Prenton so could be these 3

Would these be BG61SXL, BG61SXM and BG61SXP?
I can confirm coaches are being used on the 500
(01/11/2020 12:36)Liamkennedy2231 Wrote:  I can confirm coaches are being used on the 500

Any idea what ones?

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(01/11/2020 12:40)T42 PVM Wrote:  Any idea what ones?

I’m not that clued up on coaches but I’ll try to get registrations for you
(01/11/2020 13:36)Liamkennedy2231 Wrote:  I’m not that clued up on coaches but I’ll try to get registrations for you

Did you notice if they are National Express branded or Selwyn/Plain?

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
(01/11/2020 13:36)Liamkennedy2231 Wrote:  I’m not that clued up on coaches but I’ll try to get registrations for you

Two of the three coaches I’ve seen on the route so far are:
  • YN11 AYB
  • YN11 AYD

These vehicles aren’t ideal for the 500 as they are not equipped with ticket machines or stop bells (you have to tell the driver where you want to get off). As there is no ticket machine, it is currently being run as a ‘free’ service at the expense of Merseytravel.

They have an officer placed on Jericho Lane who is monitoring passenger levels to make a decision on whether running the route is worth it. There were not many passengers when they checked, so it doesn’t look too good for the Sunday service at least. Apparently Selwyns will be running the route until at least Thursday, which I assume will be the deadline for when Merseytravel will make a decision on whether to continue providing services on the 500.

It seems drivers have not been informed of where to stop, and as there is no way an ordinary passenger would notice it was the 500 due to them expecting an Arriva bus, the drivers are seemingly stopping at all stops along the route wherever there are passengers to make sure anyone wanting the service doesn’t miss it.
Not a good start by the sounds of it

(01/11/2020 14:18)T42 PVM Wrote:  Did you notice if they are National Express branded or Selwyn/Plain?

They were Selwyns branded

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)