Current time: 02/05/2024, 05:30 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Selwyns
RE: Selwyns
I read on Facebook that Selwyn's have lost all their school work to Al's Coaches and Stagecoach - any truth in this?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Selwyn's are advertising for drivers at there new outstation at Milton Keynes
(03/07/2023 06:52)moreton407 Wrote:  I read on Facebook that Selwyn's have lost all their school work to Al's Coaches and Stagecoach - any truth in this?
It is reported that 15 schools contracts in the Stockport/Trafford area have been transferred to Belle Vue Coaches.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
(03/07/2023 06:52)moreton407 Wrote:  I read on Facebook that Selwyn's have lost all their school work to Al's Coaches and Stagecoach - any truth in this?

On stagecoach MCSL twitter there advertising for School drivers at Rock Ferry so presume so
If that's true, that's 41 school routes in Wirral Selwyns have lost, would think the 811 will go to another operator when that tender is up too.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
(16/07/2023 20:33)Michael Wrote:  Selwyn's are advertising for drivers at there new outstation at Milton Keynes

National Express seems to be desperate for operators in the London area for service expansion, any news on what routes they’ve gained. I had noticed that they’ve started to run a overnight A1 to Milton Keynes via Luton Airport and then a early morning 455 from Milton Keynes to London before operating the 09:00 540 to Manchester

I do wonder how long it will be until Nat Express come calling to purchase the company to take the contract in-house (Like Lucketts Group), been a few years since the company was taken back from RATP, normally banks want their money back around now on corporate acquisitions
(18/07/2023 18:39)Nwales Bus Wrote:  National Express seems to be desperate for operators in the London area for service expansion, any news on what routes they’ve gained. I had noticed that they’ve started to run a overnight A1 to Milton Keynes via Luton Airport and then a early morning 455 from Milton Keynes to London before operating the 09:00 540 to Manchester

I do wonder how long it will be until Nat Express come calling to purchase the company to take the contract in-house (Like Lucketts Group), been a few years since the company was taken back from RATP, normally banks want their money back around now on corporate acquisitions
A1 is not A1 but A11 to Northampton

I would think Edwards and Selwins have some deal in place if they want out
Have Selwyns retained any school services on the Wirral?

When is the contract for the 811 due up? is it worth keeping a depot going just for one bus service?
Selwyn's depot in Prenton, Wirral is closed, with concrete blocks blocking the entrance. The vehicle used for the 811 is being kept at A2B Travel next door.
(04/02/2024 10:17)moreton407 Wrote:  Selwyn's depot in Prenton, Wirral is closed, with concrete blocks blocking the entrance. The vehicle used for the 811 is being kept at A2B Travel next door.

From what I been told its A2B drivers doing 811 with Selwyns machines and buses for remainder of the 1 year contract until it goes for tender as the drivers who did the 811 went to Stagecoach with Selwyns Schools

Not sure how true but it was A A2B driver who informed me as he was driving it

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)