Current time: 06/05/2024, 12:08 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Greater Manchester Franchising
RE: Greater Manchester Franchising
(31/03/2021 10:25)Mayneway Wrote:  Do you really think TFGM will really introduce a load of routes lost years ago?? I can’t see it.

I can't comment on the bus network in Manchester but in Liverpool I would suggest that 90% of the services that operate today run along 85% of the routes that operated prior to deregulation.

Immediately after deregulation the main incumbents - Merseybus and North Western (Ribble) - along with new major players such as Fareway, CMT, Liverline, Liverbus experimented with innovative major route changes. However, within 15 years the route network eventually returned to a network that essentially mirrored the MPTE one in 1985 and generally using the same route numbers.

Assuming that franchising is introduced on time, I cannot envisage a situation where TfGM will draw up a totally new network as I am sure that it recognises that Stagecoach, Go Northwest, Arriva and First managers DO have a good idea of what works.

Initially, I think that the main focus will be on frequency, hours of operation and fares.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Greater Manchester Franchising - Barney - 31/03/2021 12:44

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)