Current time: 03/05/2024, 20:57 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Go North West
RE: Go North West
(07/03/2023 10:32)Mayneway Wrote:  From information that’s been given to drivers they are setting up a temporary depot which will house an additional 26 buses for these emergency tenders. Apparently the evosetti’s will transfer to the new depot and the older vehicles coming in on loan will fill the gap at Queens road on a temporary basis.
I would also think more EvoSeti will move from Go ahead London to Bolton. There a few currently spare in London as they often get used on Rail replacement jobs at the weekend.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(08/03/2023 07:12)60301 Wrote:  I was referring to these

The former ex East Yorkshire B7TL’s are only on loan. They will be used on commercial services running out of queens road and won’t be used on the Bolton tendered work. It’s likely the youngest buses (evosetti’s etc) will be used on the Bolton contracts meaning GNW will continue to comply with the age limits on tenders.
Seems Go Northwest are going to be using a unit on Heywood Industrial Estate for 163s and maybe other services from timetable change as according to Bus Times a number of vehicles were tracking in the location yesterday
(13/04/2023 05:15)M60lad Wrote:  Seems Go Northwest are going to be using a unit on Heywood Industrial Estate for 163s and maybe other services from timetable change as according to Bus Times a number of vehicles were tracking in the location yesterday
That not a surprise as they used a unit there for the strike so am sure was the caae of calling the letting agent.
(13/04/2023 05:15)M60lad Wrote:  Seems Go Northwest are going to be using a unit on Heywood Industrial Estate for 163s and maybe other services from timetable change as according to Bus Times a number of vehicles were tracking in the location yesterday

Confirmed in this weeks notices and proceedings ...

GO NORTH WEST LIMITED
Director(s): JON LEE CROXFORD, NIGEL PAUL FEATHAM, MARTIN
RICHARD DEAN, CHRISTOPHER SEDDON
GO NORTH WEST LIMITED, BOYLE STREET, MANCHESTER, M8 8UT
New operating centre: UNIT M4, HEYWOOD DISTRIBUTION PARK,
HEYWOOD, ROCHDALE, OL10 2TT
New authorisation at this operating centre will be: 40 vehicle(s)
New licence authorisation will be 240 vehicle(s)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Any idea how many hopefully gnw order new bus for wigan and bolton before franchising on September?

i know there is 25 or 50 each for yellow bus(alexander dennis enviro 400).

i know bolton will get 60 single deck and 8 double decker.

any idea?

thank you
Is the new Heywood yard, the same site they used during the Strike to store buses?
(16/04/2023 18:43)Nwales Bus Wrote:  Is the new Heywood yard, the same site they used during the Strike to store buses?

It’s a different yard but very close to the one used previously.
New arrivals at Go North West are two more Volvo B7RLE Eclipse 2s 6177 SN60 CNU & 6178 SN60 CNV. 6178 has arrived back from Thorntons and she is the first one to be painted into Bee Network livery with 6177 going for the same treatment.

For recent interests of bus photos please visit my Flickr account below:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/135097870@N02/

For my Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/EfanThomasTheBusEnthusiast/

And check out my Instagram page for more recent bus photos:
@emt_buses.175

Also check out with my TikTok account:
@emt_busenthusiast_175
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Seems that Heywood Depot are operating 163s with most driver change overs in Middleton Bus Station from what I saw earlier today. It also seems that some drivers are travelling a far distance as I overheard one driver saying that he commutes from Skelmersdale.

It seems their having problems as I know at least one 163 was missing this morning as one came into Middleton Bus Station heading to Bury and driver got off and it turned out their wasn't a driver for it so it ended up being parked up on Layover in Middleton Bus Station.

Other news that after a while of being out of service Citaro 6206 has re-entered service today on 41s.

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)