Current time: 30/05/2024, 23:37 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Runcorn Area Route Ideas
Runcorn Area Route Ideas
(08/08/2020 10:42)Tf91 Wrote:  Timetables from 30th August now available on the Halton Gov website.

79C is interesting and depending on the time of day that you travel, you will have either welcome or hate the changes. Towards Liverpool you have earlier buses in the morning but lose the last bus from Widnes. Heading East/southbound though, the first bus into Widnes and Runcorn is over 1 hour later and you lose the last bus from Liverpool.
Bit of a raw deal that for Hough Green it seems. I can see it's down to the buses being at Runcorn but still not ideal for local residents.

82A seems to be getting a bit of a raw deal as well. Are the early and late trips on the 500 mainly there for positioning buses to/from the airport with the Airport to Liverpool making the money? Very poor attempts at streamlining the 82A and 62 as well with the buses both departing within 10 mins of eachother. It would be much better to provide a more equal bus service given they are quite similar routes.

Looking at the timetables, I think will now revise my ideas to make the 82A run every 15 mins from Murdishaw to Halebank and perhaps look at diverting the 61 via Halton Lodge (on the current 62 routing). I say this because Clifton Road will have the 79C and the X1.

What are other peoples thoughts on the proposals. Is there anything which you would do differently to what Arriva are doing.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Runcorn Area Route Ideas - iMarkeh - 08/08/2020 16:50

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)