Current time: 02/05/2024, 04:27 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Greater Manchester Service Changes
RE: Greater Manchester Service Changes
(29/07/2021 15:21)knutstransport Wrote:  I think we can be confident that the X1 won't serve Morley Green or provide a link from Altrincham to Wilmslow, so I don't think there's a real risk of it being seen as competing with the subsided 88. However, it does appear to be confirmation that the service will provide a link between Macclesfield, Wilmslow and Manchester Airport. That shouldn't prevent Wilmslow-Colshaw Farm-Handforth operating but it might mean the airport call has to go if it continues to Wythenshawe. I think the route out of Macclesfield will be key for whether it affects the 130 - the hospital and Alderley Park could be seen as places which have a need for bus links to Macclesfield and Wilmslow.

If the X57 times at the airport remain at similar times to the current times then we can expect a morning peak X1 from Macclesfield to Manchester Airport at a similar time to the peak time 130 and the reverse in the evening peak.

We also know from the past that CEC won't contract subsided journeys on a route just because the commercial service is only roughly 2 hourly.

Do we know CEC won't though ?. It would be a spectacular own goal to get rid of the 130 because of potentially 4 or 5 return journeys a day on a service that isn't all stops, disadvantaging intermediate passengers between Macc and Wilmslow, not mention the Wilmslow - Handforth section which has picked up patronage wise recently. Handforth - Wythenshawe could be sacrificed though, as it's very lightly loaded, so a one bus saving could be achieved there. That always was a daft idea. That extra bus should have been used to reinstate the Handforth - Cheadle link and push it on to East Didsbury, still maintaining a facility to Wythenshawe changing onto the 368 at Heald Green. A victim of this could well be the 109, by just extending the 108 to Leek, Sainsburys it could go. We'll see when the TT appears.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Greater Manchester Service Changes - KXW212 - 29/07/2021 19:20

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)