Current time: 02/05/2024, 22:37 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

North West Bus Service Changes due to Coronavirus outbreak
RE: North West Bus Service Changes due to Coronavirus outbreak
The majority of people who use public transport to and from work do so Monday to Friday. Even on normal schedules many services had less journeys on Saturdays than during the week. Even now many office workers who would be using the bus are still working from home where they can. With fewer people traveling at weekends there's no point running a frequent empty service. When demand picks up then service levels should increase.

(19/07/2020 07:02)M60lad Wrote:  I may just be going slightly off thread on this one but since the Goverment have now given their blessing for Public Transport to be used more now I wonder how long it will be before a normal timetable including weekends (which are basically hourly on some services wheres during the week they are more frequent) is restored on both Buses and Trains?

I dont see the logic personally of a frequent service during the week and an hourly service at best on Saturdays which is what it is on some services at the moment, people have got to get to work no matter what day of the week it is so why isnt the same weekday service being offered on Saturdays than is operated during the week?

Works for me
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: North West Bus Service Changes due to Coronavirus outbreak - Rick Hunter - 19/07/2020 08:20

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)