Current time: 05/05/2024, 23:06 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Maytree Travel - Bolton
RE: Maytree Travel - Bolton
Maytree changes listed in the Forthcoming Changes document for the TfGM Committee meeting for July:

*95 - Extended commercially from Whitefield to Bury via Stand, Outwood, Radcliffe and Redvales (513 route from Whiteifled to Outwood, 512 route from Outwood to Bury)
*502/503 - New circular routes, running hourly Mon-Sat daytime and every 90 mins evenings and Sundays. 502 route via Bradford Road, Royal Bolton Hospital, Plodder Lane, Smethurst Lane (past depot), Sapling Road, Morris Green Lane, Deane Church Lane, Wigan Road to Ladybridge (anti-clockwise) then as 515 route to Bolton. 503 runs in opposite direction
*526 - The Saturday journeys at 6.10pm from Bolton and 6.33pm from Smithills to be withdrawn
*571/572 - Sunday journeys at 10.30pm (571) and 11pm (572) to be withdrawn
*597 - Extended commercially Mon-Sat daytime from Leigh Sports Village to Lowton (Lane Head) via Laneside. First two morning journeys to Leigh Infirmary starts from Newton-le-Willows while two afternoon journeys will run to Newton-le-Willows. Sunday daytime journeys extended to Laneside every hour.

http://www.transportforgreatermanchester...us_network
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
With the journeys on the 597 extended to Newton-Le-Willows, this will be Maytree's first service in Merseyside but it is via a very round-the-houses route.
i was thinking that but the main thing am looking at is maytree are slowing push commershally and that is good

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(17/06/2012 21:18)St Helens Rider Wrote:  With the journeys on the 597 extended to Newton-Le-Willows, this will be Maytree's first service in Merseyside but it is via a very round-the-houses route.

It will be a complicated route. Leigh Infirmary - Leigh - Leigh Sports Village - Laneside - Lowton - Newton-le-Willows. Wonder what's Maytree's thinking behind their changes.
really they should of took it to earlstown and compete with the 34 as newton station is not where many people will want to go unless you like looking at trees and well what do you know more trees

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Newton though isn't that bad in terms of connecting with rail to Liverpool, Chester and Manchester - that could be the only logic I think but my guess is as good as anyone's.
Lowton I can agree with as it would be a good little link to the infirmary. I'm not sure about Landside as its not that busy and is a well off area. I can only assume its to help reduce layover time.
(15/06/2012 19:58)jonathon890 Wrote:  Theres 2 Streetlites like this and they have now had the contravision cut away from the side destinations.
Here's a photo of one of the StreetLites that features a Liverpool Hope University all-over advertisement:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/61816863@N0.../contacts/
(Credit - "Anthony Eclipse Hopley")

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
I actually think that looks quite good as far as contravision adverts go!

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
(19/06/2012 17:20)CX54 DKD Wrote:  I actually think that looks quite good as far as contravision adverts go!
I agree! I like the way that the patterns continue around the front of the bus, too - something that's not usually done.

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)