Current time: 28/04/2024, 08:14 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Arriva North West - Speke Depot (Old Closed Thread)
RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot
(25/11/2018 20:04)Metroline1511 Wrote:  It was actually the ALX400 type I was hoping to ride again as I thought this was the standard type on routes 81/a. Maybe this is only Mon-Fri now.

Tends to be Mon-Fri more now. Also the boards that are staying on the late duty's usually get allocated Enviro400's.
Find all posts by this user
The 79 can continue to produce surprises. The latest to turn up is Southports 2629 one of seven Commanders on the route today. Also out were 2 Cadets 10 Gemini 3 Eco 1 B7TL and an Enviro400. The last few were not seen.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
(22/01/2019 18:29)childwallblues Wrote:  The 79 can continue to produce surprises. The latest to turn up is Southports 2629 one of seven Commanders on the route today. Also out were 2 Cadets 10 Gemini 3 Eco 1 B7TL and an Enviro400. The last few were not seen.

2629 is a pool bus now CB
2629 is a cadet and not a commander.
(22/01/2019 19:15)MPTE1955 Wrote:  2629 is a cadet and not a commander.
OK 6 Commander and 3 Cadet!

(22/01/2019 18:29)childwallblues Wrote:  The 79 can continue to produce surprises. The latest to turn up is Southports 2629 one of seven Commanders on the route today. Also out were 2 Cadets 10 Gemini 3 Eco 1 B7TL and an Enviro400. The last few were not seen.

There are lots of saloons being used on main routes at the moment because Arriva are putting all deckers on Rail replacements. Once again their fare paying regular punters come second best and will be driven to Stagecoach on certain routes.
Good point DVG526. However the only alternative these days is Halton 14 which also uses saloons.

(22/01/2019 22:40)DVG526 Wrote:  There are lots of saloons being used on main routes at the moment because Arriva are putting all deckers on Rail replacements. Once again their fare paying regular punters come second best and will be driven to Stagecoach on certain routes.

Unless these saloons are all full and all sail past bus stops, I really don't see what the problem is. Given a choice, I would always opt for a single-decker over a double-decker at this time of the year as there's a much greater chance of the saloon heaters working.

As for passengers switching to Stagecoach, with the exception of the QBPs, Arriva and Stagecoach mainly keep to specific operating areas and I suspect 99% passengers get the first bus that arrives at the stop.
2608 is out on the 79
Well 2608 certainly gets around. Something different at Speke. I rode it when it was at Green Lane before Christmas.

Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)