Current time: 02/05/2024, 23:20 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Arriva North West - Speke Depot (Old Closed Thread)
RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot
(16/12/2016 22:37)SL64 JDZ Wrote:  Alright the seating layouts aren't great but they aren't junk or clapped out at all. Both types have at least 22 more seats than the Commanders and that means 22 less standing passengers. I respect your opinion but I totally disagree with it - Speke depot needed more double deckers and was given four VLWs and four DLPs (one of each has now moved to Bootle IIRC). Both types have a lot more capacity than the Commanders and I'd much rather have a DLP or VLW on the 79/79D than a Commander every time

hopefully these will go when the new buses come in,allocations are an issue with Speke as they put Commanders on the 79 yet Deckers turn up on the likes of the 76,carrying fresh air most of the time,for many journeys on the 76 a solo would be over capacity
Find all posts by this user
The seating layout downstairs is really because most ex london stock was dual door , that is a major bugbear of vehicles from the capital .
(16/12/2016 23:49)wirralbus Wrote:  The seating layout downstairs is really because most ex london stock was dual door , that is a major bugbear of vehicles from the capital .

the DLPs were mainly for schools work at Bolton, bit of a difference to all day service on major Liverpool routes
It will be interesting to see what leaves Speke when the new vehicles arrive. Members post that Commanders are going to both Laird Street and St Helens whilst Geminis are going to St Helens. But are these reports factual or here say? I would suggest that the depot requires more deckers than it currently has given the numbers of Commanders appearing on the 75/79/82/86 on a daily basis. Also I assume that the depot intends to allocate deckers on the 78 and 80 on a permanent basis. That would leave the 76 as the only single deck route at the depot. Probably better to put deckers on there as well and transfer out all of the Commanders.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
(17/12/2016 07:41)childwallblues Wrote:  It will be interesting to see what leaves Speke when the new vehicles arrive. Members post that Commanders are going to both Laird Street and St Helens whilst Geminis are going to St Helens. But are these reports factual or here say? I would suggest that the depot requires more deckers than it currently has given the numbers of Commanders appearing on the 75/79/82/86 on a daily basis. Also I assume that the depot intends to allocate deckers on the 78 and 80 on a permanent basis. That would leave the 76 as the only single deck route at the depot. Probably better to put deckers on there as well and transfer out all of the Commanders.

When the new hybrids move in I can see a very good case for transferring a dozen of the Geminis to Bootle. The 15 plate Enviro400's that were originally allocated for the 52/52A are more often to be seen on the 60, 61 and 63 Mon - Fri. Consequently the 52/52A is more often served by Pulsars and 02 plate ex-London deckers.
The 78 always use to have double deckers; I remember seeing the R-WVRs, Ex Cross-river N-CKBs and the H-GEV on the route.

Also, RNW have just towed 4452 through Speke, had 80A on the destination.
(17/12/2016 07:41)childwallblues Wrote:  It will be interesting to see what leaves Speke when the new vehicles arrive. Members post that Commanders are going to both Laird Street and St Helens whilst Geminis are going to St Helens. But are these reports factual or here say? I would suggest that the depot requires more deckers than it currently has given the numbers of Commanders appearing on the 75/79/82/86 on a daily basis. Also I assume that the depot intends to allocate deckers on the 78 and 80 on a permanent basis. That would leave the 76 as the only single deck route at the depot. Probably better to put deckers on there as well and transfer out all of the Commanders.

As far as I'm aware it will be around a dozen Gemini 2s and Commanders leaving Speke (for Birkenhead only - St Helens will be receiving Pulsars from Green Lane) when the new Volvo double deckers enter service. I wouldn't be surprised if some or all of the ex-London double deckers leave Speke as well (maybe moving to Bootle) but I guess time will tell with that one

Regarding converting the 76 to double deckers I don't see the point in converting that to double deck operation for the sake of Speke having an all-double decker allocation when double deckers are desperately needed elsewhere in the division. In my view the 89 desperately needs the Gemini 2s it will receive a lot more than the 76 does at the moment
4574 and 4573 (back from Laird Street) have received offside illuminated adverts for "SING".

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
[quote='MX12 KVM' pid='100059' dateline='1481970711']
The 78 always use to have double deckers; I remember seeing the R-WVRs, Ex Cross-river N-CKBs and the H-GEV on the route.

If you go back far enough most depots were 100% double-decker operation. From memory, Speke only received its first single-deckers in the 1970's with a batch Leyland Nationals which were quickly transferred to Garston.
4446 now has a side and rear ad for Blue Air in preparation for them opening a base in Liverpool and serving 4 more destinations, photo here: https://www.facebook.com/danielsbustrain...80/?type=3
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)