Current time: 02/05/2024, 12:36 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Concessionary Bus Pass reform
RE: Concessionary Bus Pass reform
(30/07/2019 03:58)Mayneway Wrote:  We need to do away with it altogether. When growing up in the early 90’s I can remember my gran paying a concessionary fare on the bus and paying the same fare for me (half adult fare). It worked fine.

Yes we can argue that these people have paid into the pot so should get a free pass, but we need to accept that this system has played a very big part in destroying some of our bus networks.

I couldn't agree more. People complain - particularly the elderly - if a bus route is taken off due to lack of use or lack of money being brought in from it. If people want a bus service so badly, they shouldn't have an issue with paying for it if its so important to them. Surely paying a reduced fare isn't much to ask instead of having no bus at all.

Another issue I have is that quite a lot of people catch the bus with disabled passes, many regulars who are working an travel in a company uniform. I'm not saying they don't have a disability, some of them very notably do, but given that they're in employment and earning a wage, why are they still entitled to free travel? The whole system needs shuffling up. It doesn't work, and the concession scheme along with the likes of myticket in Merseyside is killing our bus networks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Concessionary Bus Pass reform - L401CJF - 30/07/2019 07:48

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)