Current time: 05/05/2024, 09:13 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

New Cheshire East bus review
RE: New Cheshire East bus review
(09/07/2020 23:32)James Frisby Wrote:  I drove the 27 numerous times when at GHA on the afternoon journeys, 2pm onwards from what I can remember, then I went onto the evening 38's. On the 27's I very rarely picked up via Beggarmans, although that duty only had one trip deviating that way. Regarding Astra Zeneca, the first time I drove it, my passengers were amazed that I was even bothering to go that way. It turns out no one had boarded or alighted there on the PM journey for so long that regular drivers simply didn't bother going round it.

I remember the first time I used the Macclesfield-Knutsford bus which was in the days Bakers ran it and had the Cheshire Rider Wright Cadets. Travelling on a late Macclesfield-Knutsford bus it went via AstraZeneca and there must have been around 50 people waiting for a bus there but not one of those was waiting for a bus towards Knutsford - so they obviously all wanted to travel towards Macc or Wilmslow. The service still had a decent loading on arrival at Knutsford despite being a 38 seater bus and not picking anyone up at AstraZeneca. I also seem to recall the Macclesfield-Knutsford route specific dayrider remained at £3.50 for a number of years and jumped up to £4.80 at the time High Peak decided to run a 2 hourly service on a commercial basis, which made the service less attractive for two different reasons. GHA did increase it to £5 but then the £5 ticket was a GHA/Vale Travel day ticket so it was valid for onward travel if required.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Cheshire East bus review - knutstransport - 10/07/2020 08:26

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)