Current time: 05/05/2024, 12:55 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

New Cheshire East bus review
RE: New Cheshire East bus review
(08/07/2020 10:01)knutstransport Wrote:  It used to be the 27B ran to a 2 hourly schedule via Beggarmans Lane and Over Peover and the 27 ran to a 2 hourly schedule direct via the A537, with the exception being at peak times where the 27A operated. The 27A journeys didn't always follow the same route - there were some that followed the 27 route except with the AstraZeneca extension and others that followed the 27B route minus the Beggarmans Lane extension but plus the AstraZeneca extension!

I think going back to the days when Starline and Stevensons ran Macclesfield-Knutsford there was a 26 Macclesfield-Knutsford-Northwich which ran to a fairly direct route to Knutsford and that was interworked with a 27 Macclesfield-Knutsford which went a bit more round the houses.
We can look back at how the 27s used to run 10 years ago and revert the bus network and all go back in time to when buses ran just because they can or we can try and adapt to new passengers and try to secure the long term services making the service as viable as possible to try and keep the subsidy low. Beggermans Lane was kept on for a wheelchair users wasn't it?
Macc to Knutsford could be better on the Howards 27 timetable and as I say, I would move the spare time to Knutsford for the bus to do other things or it could be used for drivers breaks. The difficulty now is that the 88 wouldn't work without the extensions because the increased running time over GHAs 88 timetable.

(08/07/2020 10:24)Rick Hunter Wrote:  The 27 wasn't chopped and changed every 3 months, it was on an alleged 5 year contract which in the case off Howards ended up being 18 months. During that time only 1 person used to get on and off at Astra Zeneca. Now part of the 88 it isn't chopped and changed with D&G either. There have been slight tweaks to the running times and timing points to improve punctuality which in the main do work. I seem to remember the Beggarmans Lane journeys also going round Queensway in Knutsford.
No, the 27 wasn't changed regularly. The comment was more to do with the 130 and given the way D&G have been with the 130, people lose faith that the 130 will ever run longer than a few months before withdrawal threats kick in or a big timetable recast messing up peoples commute.

I'm interested that only 1 person only used the 27 to AstraZeneca. Glad I asked the question to be fair, I wasn't to know that otherwise.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Cheshire East bus review - iMarkeh - 09/07/2020 11:37

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)