Current time: 03/05/2024, 21:48 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Liverpool City Centre bus re-routing proposals
RE: Liverpool City Centre bus re-routing proposals
(07/04/2021 17:08)iMarkeh Wrote:  The design works fine if lines are allocated to routes and that is what I was saying. In London, the idea of longer lines is the front bus will always be the next bus out and buses move up a space at a time slowly. Based on how everyone looks at London for how to do public transport, that may have been the logic. I am saying though that in this instance it will not work as a free for all but nor will allocating lines work as most routes aren't frequent enough and don't have 3 buses laying over at the same time (those which do will generally be QBPs which are competing operators and often the spacing doesn't work out so buses will end up trapped sometimes.

As I say, the design is ok, just doesn't work in this location as the system which would make this style bus hub work, doesn't work here with the services how they are. If this was the style in L1, it wouldn't be as bad (79s get a line, 82s get a line, 86s get a line, 10As get a line etc). Too many services though on slightly lower frequencies and less layover meaning no route has 3 buses on layover at a time to fill a line so you would have 1/3rd of the bus hub not being used.

Two bus drivers beg to differ as they have already said. I'm not even going to add to that. The drivers use it so I'll stick with what they say.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Liverpool City Centre bus re-routing proposals - MPTE1955 - 07/04/2021 17:19

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)