Current time: 03/05/2024, 20:47 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Liverpool City Centre bus re-routing proposals
RE: Liverpool City Centre bus re-routing proposals
(26/11/2020 18:24)iMarkeh Wrote:  Thank you for that information.

I don't think a free bus would have been the way to go simply because a lot of people exploit loopholes and unless you had 10As (towards St Helens) stop and kick everyone off at QS then load up, you would have people continuing beyond the free travel area which could result in a lot of lost revenue for operators. Given that all 'returns' are actually day tickets in Liverpool, the majority of passengers will have no issues as they can just use their normal bus ticket and change. Those which will be affected are those who purchase single tickets.

Yeah I do think that is the best way to go, I can definitely see plenty taking the proverbial with that one. I think at first it was meant to be a ‘dedicated’ free service, but I had doubts of how that would be sustainable anyway given the existing services (and especially with the current passenger levels). It may be an option in the future to offer a reduced fare for those purchasing singles between the two locations, though this does pose the same issue with people staying on beyond QS.

Merseytravel have said they will monitor the changes so hopefully they will fix issues should any arise. I would think that the 14/A would be a better option than the 18 for a cross city service, as then Stagecoach tickets can be used on both services regardless of operator or service
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Liverpool City Centre bus re-routing proposals - Liamkennedy2231 - 26/11/2020 19:47

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)