Current time: 26/04/2024, 03:18 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Liverpool City Centre bus re-routing proposals
RE: Liverpool City Centre bus re-routing proposals
(30/06/2019 10:38)FC Pictures Wrote:  how else can it be run with no cross city services
To complete a circle it would have to go onto The Strand and Goree.

As a few of you have said this so called improvement looks quite retrograde.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(30/06/2019 17:36)wirralbus Wrote:  To complete a circle it would have to go onto The Strand and Goree.

As a few of you have said this so called improvement looks quite retrograde.

Could also be done avoiding the strand and going via Norton Street, Brownlow Hill, Hanover Street to L1
All these changes are a backwood step, it's more likely to.turn people away from the city than come to it. It's going to become one big mess and I'm not going to say what I really think about the idiot in charge of our city.
(30/06/2019 18:28)MPTE1955 Wrote:  All these changes are a backwood step, it's more likely to.turn people away from the city than come to it. It's going to become one big mess and I'm not going to say what I really think about the idiot in charge of our city.

Does anyone know if the city mayor ever travels by bus - or does he get a chauffeur-driven Rolls ? From some of his actions (bus lane closures, city disconnectivity proposals, etc., ) he comes across as someone who does not care much about the problems created for bus passengers.
Joe Anderson is a car user that is suppose to have shares in NCP who have majority of the car parks around the city centre.
(30/06/2019 18:41)motormayhem1 Wrote:  Joe Anderson is a car user that is suppose to have shares in NCP who have majority of the car parks around the city centre.

That kind of says it all about him,. so the more people that use cars means his dividends from car parks will increase. Meanwhile he hasnt thought that less people using buses, means less buses,. more jobs at risk, meaning less city shoppers etc etc. Or more like he has but doesn't care whilst his own pockets get filled. There is a word to describe him but can't say it for obvious reasons
(30/06/2019 18:41)motormayhem1 Wrote:  Joe Anderson is a car user that is suppose to have shares in NCP who have majority of the car parks around the city centre.

Yes, and I believe that he is also the majority shareholder of the BMW franchise on Leeds Street, his wife works for Kwik Fit on Aigburth Road and his son sits on the board at BP.

In this day and age it may work for high-profile populist politicians but there is a danger that if the discussion is taken over by fatuous claims that have no basis in fact we lose credibility and the argument.
(01/07/2019 08:23)Barney Wrote:  Yes, and I believe that he is also the majority shareholder of the BMW franchise on Leeds Street, his wife works for Kwik Fit on Aigburth Road and his son sits on the board at BP.

In this day and age it may work for high-profile populist politicians but there is a danger that if the discussion is taken over by fatuous claims that have no basis in fact we lose credibility and the argument.

Just had a look on the Companies House website and the mayor is in no way, shape or form anything to do with that dealership. There is quite comprehensive information on there about the company. I would have thought any public transport operator (buses, trains or taxis) would have lodged a conflict of interest complaint about him if that was the case.
(01/07/2019 09:44)B10B6514 Wrote:  Just had a look on the Companies House website and the mayor is in no way, shape or form anything to do with that dealership. There is quite comprehensive information on there about the company. I would have thought any public transport operator (buses, trains or taxis) would have lodged a conflict of interest complaint about him if that was the case.

And I thought it was only the Americans who don't do irony. I was merely (humorously) extending the unsubstantiated claims made in the previous post. The danger we all now face is that people now feel able to say, write or post anything they like as a 'fact' - such as Mayor Anderson having shares in NCP - without checking the veracity first.
And my post was merely suppose to be humorous due to the fact joe got rid of the bus lanes around the city and really doesn't get along with the bus companies running of things which allows cars to block all the city centre.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)