Current time: 26/04/2024, 11:23 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Liverpool City Centre bus re-routing proposals
RE: Liverpool City Centre bus re-routing proposals
Has Merseytravel locked its comments page on this issue? I have tried several times to access it but am now unable to read any comments by others. Is it because the ones I did read last week were highly critical of these proposals?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(22/06/2019 13:59)Barney Wrote:  Has Merseytravel locked its comments page on this issue? I have tried several times to access it but am now unable to read any comments by others. Is it because the ones I did read last week were highly critical of these proposals?

I can still comment and see comments. Perhaps it was a glitch at the time.
(21/06/2019 01:43)mr t Wrote:  Yes the 10A is the only route to continue past queen square hence it moving to stand 9 inbound in anticipation. It is nowhere near enough and needs an extra shuttle every 6 mins also.
The cross rivers were originally to also be cut at queen square and just use sir Thomas Street out however Merseytravel have convinced the council that sir Thomas Street isn't big enough to take all passengers to start from so they ae keeping Cook Street to alleviate the anticipated pressure there.

Agreed, i often see the 10A running in pairs or 3s, so that's going to be fun when that becomes the only route circumnavigating the City Centre, there does need to be another frequent route, preferably from the south side which will have to serve Liverpool One Bus Station first then follow the 10A to Queen Square.

I love how Merseytravel are spinning it as better connectivity, when connections will be lost, especially south side to Queen Square/Dale Street.

Me think the consultation is a sham, the changes will go ahead regardless what anyone says, all i can see is disaster

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
(23/06/2019 06:00)MTL0201 Wrote:  Agreed, i often see the 10A running in pairs or 3s, so that's going to be fun when that becomes the only route circumnavigating the City Centre, there does need to be another frequent route, preferably from the south side which will have to serve Liverpool One Bus Station first then follow the 10A to Queen Square.

I love how Merseytravel are spinning it as better connectivity, when connections will be lost, especially south side to Queen Square/Dale Street.

Me think the consultation is a sham, the changes will go ahead regardless what anyone says, all i can see is disaster

What route would you extend from the south side into Queen Square.
If these proposals do come to fruition lets hope they work as well as they did on computer models otherwise someone will have egg on there face.
If I was in charge of planning at Merseytravel, the proposed city centre shuttle bus would look like this: Start at Queen Square, operate via Dale Street outbound, Tithebarn Street inbound (to provide access to the business district), Chapel Street, (both ways), then via the Strand to Liverpool ONE, then via the old C4/C5 route to Brunswick Business Park. This way, both sides of the city can continue to have connections to the business district and it would also serve an area which has had limited bus provision in recent years
This is one of those things they cant delay either. IF they delay it then it will go into that time where councils can't do anything due to the elections and then the public can vote out Joe Anderson and put in someone who has plans to scrap these proposals. That is why the deadline is Jan 2020. Mayor elections in May 2020.
Unfortunately many people in Liverpool will vote for Labour no matter what, given a lot of people don't appear to like Anderson yet he retains his position would suggest that won't change in the near future.

Oh Superman where are you now, when everything's gone wrong somehow, the men of steel, the men of power, are losing control by the hour.
4108 | 4120 | 4125 | 4127 | 507001 | 507006 | 507023 | 508111 | 508130
(23/06/2019 09:35)Walton 46 Wrote:  If I was in charge of planning at Merseytravel, the proposed city centre shuttle bus would look like this: Start at Queen Square, operate via Dale Street outbound, Tithebarn Street inbound (to provide access to the business district), Chapel Street, (both ways), then via the Strand to Liverpool ONE, then via the old C4/C5 route to Brunswick Business Park. This way, both sides of the city can continue to have connections to the business district and it would also serve an area which has had limited bus provision in recent years

Sounds a good idea in a way linking both bus stations , Liverpool will always be awkward in having two distinctive bus terminating areas one to the east of the shopping area and the other to the west of the shopping area.
(23/06/2019 11:56)iMarkeh Wrote:  This is one of those things they cant delay either. IF they delay it then it will go into that time where councils can't do anything due to the elections and then the public can vote out Joe Anderson and put in someone who has plans to scrap these proposals. That is why the deadline is Jan 2020. Mayor elections in May 2020.

Planning and contract signing for the changes to happen will probably take it past May 2020 , but getting changes to legally binding contracts will be costly , there is a purdah where nothing can happen in the council that is usually from when the candidates for mayor are made known to the Liverpool electorate , thinks thats a minimum of 3 weeks before the election , something similar happens in all elections be they local or national .
(23/06/2019 12:19)CX06 EBK Wrote:  Unfortunately many people in Liverpool will vote for Labour no matter what, given a lot of people don't appear to like Anderson yet he retains his position would suggest that won't change in the near future.

Thats the ingrained Party politics of Liverpool .

The only time it changed was after the problems with the Labour Party in the late 1980's.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)