Current time: 01/05/2024, 19:49 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Gillmoss Depot
RE: Stagecoach Merseyside - Gillmoss Depot
(24/10/2012 15:16)First Class Wrote:  
(24/10/2012 13:08)MPTE1955 Wrote:  I don't think that it is fair to tar all of Kirkby with one brush, the main problem area was Towerhill whether it is now or not I dont know, the train on the Wigan line has never worked late, well not that I can remember. I used to live in Kirkby until earlier in the year and it really wasnt that bad. That said, I didnt live anywhere near Towerhill, although I did when I was child.

First Class we are not in the forum to sl*g whole areas off like you have just done as it is not fair on the people that live there otherwise I can think of a few areas that could be labelled but I am not going to start that one. With regards to the first train being cautioned, well I wouldnt know about that one.

Crime in Kirkby is the ONLY reason the Wigan line doesn't get an evening service. Firstly because the line was constantly being vandalised, secondly because the traincrew were being abused. Everytime it is looked into, the BCR is badly affected because of the reputation of Kirkby. The unions kicked off about 2 years ago because of staff abuse/drug problems/obstructions on track. BTP are well aware that this is a key line for major drug dealing, (Merseyside into Lancashire/Greater Manchester).

There are other bad areas, but as it is a transport forum, it is fair to say that, if Kirkby had a better reputation, that it occasionally lives up to, transport as a whole would probably be better. Kirkby gave Stagecoach the ammunition to claim vandalism as a key reason for single deck operation.

Tower Hill/Northwood is a very deprived area, recognised by the EU as such, and it is natural that crime rates are often fairly high there as a result.

True, I wouldnt argue about Towerhill (or Knobhill if you wish ) and Northwood being deprived, I think Stagecoach would have went more towards single deck anyway, I still remember the days when I lived there and not knowing if the bus was going to be bricked or not. I also remember Merseybus terminating 20's at the town centre because of the same issue yet Fareway being brave enough to go there. When I lived in Kirkby recently I didnt live near Northwood either so how bad they still were I wouldnt know. With the trains, well like I said I can't even remember that line running at night.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stagecoach Merseyside - Gillmoss Depot - MPTE1955 - 24/10/2012 15:29

User(s) browsing this thread: 19 Guest(s)