Current time: 09/05/2024, 14:12 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Gillmoss Depot
RE: Stagecoach MCSL - Gillmoss Depot
Timetable for X10

https://merseytravel.adidocdn.dev/timeta...4Jul21.pdf
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(10/06/2021 18:12)N271CKB Wrote:  Timetable for X10

https://merseytravel.adidocdn.dev/timeta...4Jul21.pdf
Nice find.

Interesting routing, I didn't expect them to serve Bootle.

I think it's good that the routing seems to be done as such so that from Kirkby to Eastham, the route could pick up passing trade for people travelling locally to boost revenue but then in addition to that, it is lots of passing trade for people to see the bus and then eventually use it.

Interesting move, will it work.... Time will tell.
With the X10, might Stagecoach also be trying to assess viability of services in or running into North Wales - or is that too cynical Big Grin
Surprised they didn't head in the other direction ie Blackpool and/Lakes given they have back up operations in/near to those areas.
On the repaint front, 24130 is now back from repaint, pink Scania 15586 has been rubbed down too and has gone for repaint

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
(11/06/2021 06:14)St Helens Rider Wrote:  Surprised they didn't head in the other direction ie Blackpool and/Lakes given they have back up operations in/near to those areas.

If they did they could have joined it up with the present X8 service from Chorley to Keswick, to assess viability then , if it was viable could then have become a stand alone route. That would though have required at least 3 seperate registrations im sure
(11/06/2021 06:14)St Helens Rider Wrote:  Surprised they didn't head in the other direction ie Blackpool and/Lakes given they have back up operations in/near to those areas.
Lakes I think might be a long shot due to the distance. Blackpool I think could be more viable but how much usage would it get with the amount of trains? With Rhyl, you are taking the same time as the train but the train takes upto 2 changes and the trains in North Wales are dismal, social distancing has been a no no this past month because of the loads vs lack of trains. Overcrowded trains, maybe changing trains, more expensive versus a direct bus taking only around 10 minutes longer, cheaper. I know what I would pick.

Blackpool could be a good call but there is quite a good train service to get there and a ton of coach trips which you are contending with. I think you'd have to do a lot of promotion for it. I get the feeling that Stagecoach don't want Blackpool express buses that much either since the X61 was dropped due to it being 'unviable' yet NatEx is now running Blackpool - Manchester express buses upto 5 times per day. Blackpool Express is an easy route to jump on and they haven't.
Fares for the X10 (found out from Stagecoach customer service via email)

Adults: £11.50
Young Person/Concession: £8.50
Group (up to 5 people): £32.70

Concessionary Passes and MyTicket are NOT valid for travel on this service
£11.50 is a decent price as well tbh

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
That’s half the price it would cost by taking train - taking into account you’d typically buy a £4.40 day ticket into town and then £17.60 return to Rhyl. Journey would also take roughly the same amount of time, arguably quicker due to the lack of changes using the X10. Should be decent demand for this

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)