Current time: 03/05/2024, 15:54 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Gillmoss Depot
RE: Stagecoach Merseyside - Gillmoss Depot
4 solos out on 10c today,very strange allocation if u ask me.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(08/10/2012 15:18)motormayhem Wrote:  4 solos out on 10c today,very strange allocation if u ask me.

You would really have to wonder what planet the allocator was on with those on that corridor wouldnt you, he must have felt like a giggle.
There was an optare solo on the 10c today
(08/10/2012 20:35)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  There was an optare solo on the 10c today

See the two previous posts... Hammer Laugh
(08/10/2012 15:22)MPTE1955 Wrote:  
(08/10/2012 15:18)motormayhem Wrote:  4 solos out on 10c today,very strange allocation if u ask me.

You would really have to wonder what planet the allocator was on with those on that corridor wouldnt you, he must have felt like a giggle.

Solo or no bus? No brainer really...

Yes its not ideal but its making the best of a bad situation.
(08/10/2012 20:48)mbonwick Wrote:  
(08/10/2012 15:22)MPTE1955 Wrote:  
Solo or no bus? No brainer really...

Yes its not ideal but its making the best of a bad situation.
I agree. At least they were on the 10C rather than the busier 10A - the 10C doesn't seem to get THAT busy, even during peak-hours. (I've even thought that Solos would be ideal for that service for the majority of the time, to be honest.)

Still, there are better-suited services that the Solos could go on (not many, though - hence why they look silly being at Gillmoss these days).

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Solo 47711 on the 196 this morning so if that does work onto a 10A, that should certainly be interesting on the way into Liverpool!

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
I agree with the small bus is better than no bus, but I don't think that a solo is appropiate for the 10c, even allowing for its shorter journey this can get quite busy as there are plenty of people than get on/off before eaton road where this journey ends. If that solo ended up on 10a this morning well good luck to the passengers that got left behind.
Arriva had a Solo SR on the 10A a few weeks back too, to be fair there are that many 10A's in a morning there will be the odd journey that is empty. I know they pick up along the route, especially between Old Swan and Liverpool but still there are a lot of 10A's, so a Solo is definitely better than no bus and in this case even no bus wouldn't be noticed!
At least 2 solo's on 10c today, 47709 & 47710 turned up together at Knotty Ash this evening, wonder if this is going a new use for them or maybe some darts away for a refresh and these are covering.

User(s) browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)