Current time: 26/04/2024, 05:02 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Gillmoss Depot
RE: Stagecoach MCSL - Gillmoss Depot
Please, how often do the ex-Carlisle MANs work the X5 ? When I observe the X5 it seems to be worked mostly (but not entirely) by ex-South Coast Enviro 400s.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
They should be out every day in theory but I believe at the moment only 24123 is available for service - 24119 & 24124 are both getting work done to them.

Hopefully the others will be back on the road soon so at least 3 of the 4 X5s can be X5 branded MANs.

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
Stagecoach are proposing to withdraw the X5 due to low passenger numbers. Consultation up on Merseytravel website
(27/08/2019 13:59)Walton 46 Wrote:  Stagecoach are proposing to withdraw the X5 due to low passenger numbers. Consultation up on Merseytravel website
Possibly explains why 24120 isn’t coming
Anyone after a ride on an MMC on the 204, 11105 is currently on it now (Friday 30th August), check the bustimes tracking to find it.

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
(27/08/2019 13:59)Walton 46 Wrote:  Stagecoach are proposing to withdraw the X5 due to low passenger numbers. Consultation up on Merseytravel website

It seemed a bit pointless having 3 operators linking Liverpool with Widnes (Arriva, Halton then Stagecoach). Many people probably have passes for Arriva or Halton so avoided Stagecoach.

I shunned route X5 in July but rode a MAN on route 19 instead.
It wasn't pointless , Stagecoach were dipping their feet in to the water to see if they coukd gain a foothold in the area, if successful they may have run more services. Additionally, they may also have been getting known in Widnes in the event that Halton were at any stage going to be taken over.
(31/08/2019 17:56)MPTE1955 Wrote:  It wasn't pointless , Stagecoach were dipping their feet in to the water to see if they coukd gain a foothold in the area, if successful they may have run more services. Additionally, they may also have been getting known in Widnes in the event that Halton were at any stage going to be taken over.
It was good that they were dipping their toe in the water but it was a little bit set up to fail. I think now they have gone into Ditton, they should leave it a while as Ditton could be the game changer for the X5.
(31/08/2019 17:56)MPTE1955 Wrote:  It wasn't pointless , Stagecoach were dipping their feet in to the water to see if they coukd gain a foothold in the area, if successful they may have run more services. Additionally, they may also have been getting known in Widnes in the event that Halton were at any stage going to be taken over.
They Stagecoach will look at that area again further down the line. Probably to get a couple of routes running to provide a small network one route is not going to change people's minds.
(31/08/2019 18:35)iMarkeh Wrote:  It was good that they were dipping their toe in the water but it was a little bit set up to fail. I think now they have gone into Ditton, they should leave it a while as Ditton could be the game changer for the X5.

I dont think it was set up to fail, they tried to put a more direct route into Widnes, problem was that lots of people will have Arriva/ Halton passes where they can use more services. One route was not going t lo benefit that way, but defo worth a try and if nothing else people will have got used to seeing Stagecoach around.

User(s) browsing this thread: 34 Guest(s)