Current time: 27/04/2024, 22:43 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Gillmoss Depot
RE: Stagecoach MCSL - Gillmoss Depot
(14/09/2018 18:10)RedPanda Wrote:  Did I read somewhere on this thread about the marketing of this route? I’ve found the X8 Chester and Blacons kept the advertising for the route but can’t find the X5.

The blacons advertising is old. It still shows total fitness ads (which were only put on because of the parking agreement at the old garage). The X5 marketing is all being done on the Twitter from what I can see.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
X5 is being advertised on almost all Stagecoach vehicles too at Gillmoss (posters in the buses) - Stagecoach printed timetables are also available and the branding on the coaches should help too.

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
The reports so far suggest that these new Enviro400-MMCs have only operated on route 10a. I wonder whether they will eventually interwork with others on routes 20, 21, 82 or 86?
(14/09/2018 22:07)buses7675 Wrote:  X5 is being advertised on almost all Stagecoach vehicles too at Gillmoss (posters in the buses) - Stagecoach printed timetables are also available and the branding on the coaches should help too.

By all means advertise on stagecoach buses but if the people of Widnes aren’t going to see them it won’t work. One or two might look up from their phones or walking aids and see the advert and then its relying on them for word of mouth. Their effectively advertising a service on buses that don’t operate the service other than the small number that do.

I think it’ll take a lot longer for Widnes to use this than Scousers to use it.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(15/09/2018 04:24)Metroline1511 Wrote:  The reports so far suggest that these new Enviro400-MMCs have only operated on route 10a. I wonder whether they will eventually interwork with others on routes 20, 21, 82 or 86?

There have been reports of them on the 20/21 and 917

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
(14/09/2018 18:58)iMarkeh Wrote:  The blacons advertising is old. It still shows total fitness ads (which were only put on because of the parking agreement at the old garage). The X5 marketing is all being done on the Twitter from what I can see.

Its also bejng advertised on radio city

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
(15/09/2018 05:58)RedPanda Wrote:  By all means advertise on stagecoach buses but if the people of Widnes aren’t going to see them it won’t work. One or two might look up from their phones or walking aids and see the advert and then its relying on them for word of mouth. Their effectively advertising a service on buses that don’t operate the service other than the small number that do.

I think it’ll take a lot longer for Widnes to use this than Scousers to use it.

There was a very small piece in the local Widnes press about the X5 but hardly comprehensive. The council really need to advertise the service much better otherwise as said stagecoach will rely upon word of mouth.
(15/09/2018 06:11)T42 PVM Wrote:  There have been reports of them on the 20/21 and 917

A friend of mine got a shot of one on the 82 at Aigburth vale last Sunday, 11109 I think....

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
Are 11101 11102 & 11114 on the 10A today? they are the last 18/68 plate E400MMCs I am after (until 11116 & 11117 come)
I did the X5 this afternoon, an ideal service for anyone wanting to go directly between Widnes and Liverpool. Stagecoach are advertising in quite a few places, I observed adverts as others have on other buses, but also they're paying for advertising on billboards in the town too and no doubt elsewhere. See the attached image for a pic of an advert at the Ditton Co-op.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)