Current time: 17/05/2024, 14:06 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Avon Buses
RE: Avon Buses
(12/04/2016 22:15)wirralbus Wrote:  Another oddity is the evening service 86 goes from Mill park to Heswall and operates via Bromborough Retail park , but the Sunday service 87 from Eastham Ferry to Heswall doesnt , on a sunday daytime i reckon you would get a few wanting to go down to the retail park .

Sunday is the retail parks busiest day, the car parks often full with people parking on Stadium road. I agree it would probably grab a few extra passengers

I am no longer active on this forum.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(14/04/2016 04:29)R879 HRF Wrote:  Sunday is the retail parks busiest day, the car parks often full with people parking on Stadium road. I agree it would probably grab a few extra passengers

I have just realised why it can not happen , on a sunday the route starts back from Eastham Ferry rather than Mill Park and the time used to get on and off the retail park is used to get to Eastham Ferry instead.
512 failed in Tollemache Road at 15.22 today. The driver said it was slipping into neutral all the time. It probably would've made it to Claughton Village so my fellow passenger (1) and myself could've caught something from there into Birkenhead.
Looks like 251 will be staying a while, it was in the paint shop yesterday afternoon being prepared for respray
The 57 Timetable is now online, Just a couple of trips each way timed as:

6:48am Liverpool - Netherton (Pendle Drive)
6:58am Liverpool - Bootle Strand
5:51pm Netherton (Church Road) - Liverpool
6:21pm Netherton (Church Road) - Liverpool
6:43pm Bootle Strand - Liverpool

Timetable: http://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/travellin...02016).pdf

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Looks like 251 is to be a training bus, it's been painted into a completely different livery, also 112 and 212 have arrived
251 is to be a 35 year anniversary celebration bus
Quick question, does anybody know if through journeys can still be made on the 84/85 from Heswall to say Brom cross via Mill Park? I know you used to be able to stay on. It switches from 85 to an 84 at Mill Park, but as they're now both in separate timetables I was wondering if this still applies. Thanks

The 85 runs Heswall to Clatterbridge, and the 84 Clatterbridge to Raby Drive. You can travel on the same bus, but will need to pay twice, although cheaper to buy a day ticket
(24/04/2016 09:24)N271CKB Wrote:  The 85 runs Heswall to Clatterbridge, and the 84 Clatterbridge to Raby Drive. You can travel on the same bus, but will need to pay twice, although cheaper to buy a day ticket

Ahh right, cheers for that.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)