Current time: 08/05/2024, 16:07 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Avon Buses
RE: Avon Buses
(24/03/2017 08:40)motormayhem1 Wrote:  I had to laugh the other day as someone told me that avon are looking to buy HTL but personally just think that it is a rumour and nothing comes of it.

First I have heard about it and I work for Avon...think you are exactly right...just a rumour
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Rumour or not it would make sense in the long run if they had a yard in Liverpool especially now that have increased their route mileage in Liverpool. A yard with engineering facilities would be a bonus and would save on towing fees which are not cheap and time when a vehicle breaks down not only that it would also save on tunnel fees after all it doesn;t matter if bus moves between Wirral and Liverpool out of service or in service they are still charged a tunnel toll
Buying HTL however would not be the way to go about getting a depot in Liverpool, almost all the HTL routes are tenders and most their Buses are only on lease

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
As I said above I work at Avon and highly doubt they be buying out HTL or anywhere of that matter.

I think this rumour should be put to bed until something official happens
Where exactly is HTL's depot
(25/03/2017 05:54)wirralbus Wrote:  Where exactly is HTL's depot

On the corner of Wilson Road and Depot Road Huyton, route 10A turns off Wilson Road about a hundred yards short.
10B!!
(24/03/2017 08:40)motormayhem1 Wrote:  I had to laugh the other day as someone told me that avon are looking to buy HTL but personally just think that it is a rumour and nothing comes of it.

This could give a new meaning to the idea of HTL Head Office receiving a visit from the Avon Lady. Laugh
(25/03/2017 22:32)Metroline1511 Wrote:  This could give a new meaning to the idea of HTL Head Office receiving a visit from the Avon Lady. Laugh

LOLLOL
Wouldnt Huyton be a bit too far out for where the majority of Avon's Liverpool routes are ?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)