Current time: 03/05/2024, 03:15 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bus Tracking Website
RE: Bus Tracking website
(04/09/2019 12:51)gka472l Wrote:  Appears to be a handful of Arriva NW buses showing today, mostly a few Green Lane ones on the 10B, 12, 13 with the odd one or two from other depots (one each in Speke, Wirral, Southport, St Helens, Wythenshawe & Runcorn from what I can see).

HTH

EDIT - seems a fair few must have appeared at times https://bustimes.org/operators/arriva-no...t/vehicles

Another handy tool ????
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(04/09/2019 12:51)gka472l Wrote:  Appears to be a handful of Arriva NW buses showing today, mostly a few Green Lane ones on the 10B, 12, 13 with the odd one or two from other depots (one each in Speke, Wirral, Southport, St Helens, Wythenshawe & Runcorn from what I can see).

HTH

EDIT - seems a fair few must have appeared at times https://bustimes.org/operators/arriva-no...t/vehicles

A relative of mine who works for Arriva told me that GL are about to adopt a new comms system that utilises the Ticketer GPS mapping facility to identify and manage late running etc. Perhaps this is why Arriva are now showing on the national map.
Seem to have disappeared now, however I also note that Arriva Yorkshire and part of Arriva North East must have appeared too as vehicles are listed in their respective lists.....

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
(04/09/2019 13:43)Barney Wrote:  A relative of mine who works for Arriva told me that GL are about to adopt a new comms system that utilises the Ticketer GPS mapping facility to identify and manage late running etc. Perhaps this is why Arriva are now showing on the national map.

Great news it should make finding vehicles much easier I hope the full fleet appear on here soon
(04/09/2019 13:43)Barney Wrote:  A relative of mine who works for Arriva told me that GL are about to adopt a new comms system that utilises the Ticketer GPS mapping facility to identify and manage late running etc. Perhaps this is why Arriva are now showing on the national map.

That's excellent at least I'll know where to find the 54 plate cadets now
No Arriva North West vehicles seem to have appeared today I wonder if them appearing yesterday was to test the new systems in order for them to appear on here?
Transdev seem to have disappeared from the bus tracker this evening. Still working on the Transdev Go app.
(05/09/2019 19:57)SF07 Wrote:  Transdev seem to have disappeared from the bus tracker this evening. Still working on the Transdev Go app.
Transdev have just updated their website so perhaps the live tracking data will now come from the Transdev site rather than Ticketer whatever source it originally came from. I'm sure they will be back on soon.

Quote:
No Arriva North West vehicles seem to have appeared today I wonder if them appearing yesterday was to test the new systems in order for them to appear on here?
Stagecoach MCSL came up for 1 day about 2 months before they came on the map properly so I think that there are a few test periods when they go live so they play about to check what is right and wrong.
(05/09/2019 20:54)iMarkeh Wrote:  Transdev have just updated their website so perhaps the live tracking data will now come from the Transdev site rather than Ticketer whatever source it originally came from. I'm sure they will be back on soon.

Stagecoach MCSL came up for 1 day about 2 months before they came on the map properly so I think that there are a few test periods when they go live so they play about to check what is right and wrong.

Transdev are back on today.....some fleets do disappear for a time and come back, the only fleet which was on that hasn't come back (to my knowledge) after a couple of months is First Eastern Counties. The edit function is a really good addition, so any livery changes can be advised, easy to spot something unusual (heritage liveries for instance) if you are after that.....

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
(06/09/2019 09:54)gka472l Wrote:  Transdev are back on today.....some fleets do disappear for a time and come back, the only fleet which was on that hasn't come back (to my knowledge) after a couple of months is First Eastern Counties. The edit function is a really good addition, so any livery changes can be advised, easy to spot something unusual (heritage liveries for instance) if you are after that.....
Probably just changing the tracking source or something like that. The thing which gets me is the amount of variations for the same vehicle. There must be about 20 different options for what I would refer to as a 'dart' haha. It is very in depth which has it's pros and cons.

When/as more operators come onto the system, I think it will be amazing. I used the map on Tuesday to plan my Diamond North West trip as I specifically wanted the Streetdecks and Citaros. I did want the Vision 501/502 as well but they weren't tracking for some odd reason.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)