Current time: 06/05/2024, 01:36 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Manchester 24 hour Public Transport
RE: Manchester 24 hour Public Transport
(29/01/2019 18:58)iMarkeh Wrote:  I don't think they can be that 'overbussed'. IF that were the case, all of these services wouldn't be running so often. I think that is one thing that can be said given all the cuts to buses, there must be money on these corridors or they wouldn't have regular services.
I know the night buses are mainly used by younger people. Uni students to be somewhat precise. There is market for other people to use the night buses. The 36/37/38 passes Salford Uni which would help a lot.

When I mentioned Stagecoach not going into First areas, I was referring mainly to routes like the 8 which aren't covered at all by Stagecoach.

I confess I don't have in depth knowledge of the corridor, but from my off-peak observations, 38s don't seem to ever carry more than a dozen or so and - I think, on another forum - a First Bolton driver said that they weren't the least bit worried about the 38 because the loadings were so poor. Don't forget that fares on the 38 are ridiculously low - £1.50 from Swinton to Piccadilly (about 6 miles) and that when it first started it required 17 peak buses, mostly resourced by cutting services where £1.50 won't buy you 600 metres!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Manchester 24 hour Public Transport - Brickmill - 29/01/2019 21:41

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)