Current time: 04/05/2024, 08:10 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Liverpool City Centre Traffic Issues
RE: Stagecoach MCSL - Gillmoss Depot
(13/10/2018 17:13)Barney Wrote:  I saw two 86's heading towards L1 via Duke Street this afternoon as Hanover Street was gridlocked. I really don't know why Duke Street isn't used officially for SOME 82's and 86's during daytime operation.

The more variations you add to a route, the more difficult it is to control. If you have 1 set route and just divert a few buses, it is easier for drivers, passengers and the company. If they did an 82 and 86 via Duke Street. Let's face it, people get confused very easily.

Hanover Street needs sorting ASAP. It should be buses and access only. Have multi use delivery bays/taxi ranks which are only operational at nights and very select times during the day possibly for deliveries. I work out roughly 86 buses use Hanover Street per hour (40 towards L1, 46 towards Elliot Street). Who in their right minds thinks about allowing large delivery trucks, taxis (who generally are a law to themselves) and normal cars on the same 1 lane road. And then to top it all off, a give way at the end which works against the buses.

If Hanover street got sorted properly, the 82s would be put back and save the passengers the hassle of waiting for the 82C.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stagecoach MCSL - Gillmoss Depot - iMarkeh - 13/10/2018 19:47

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)