Current time: 03/05/2024, 12:19 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bus-Related Outings & Reviews
Rainbow RE: Bus-Related Outings & Reviews
Had a day out a while ago which might be worth posting about, although it was quite a while ago and some of the buses I went on have since moved to other depots. All buses mentioned here are Arriva.

11 Rhyl - Chester Y727 KNF (2727)
Brilliant bus, my favourite one (as you can probably tell), quite fast, looked smart inside and sounds good. Definitely should stay in service for a few more years, although it will probably still be withdrawn soon. This bus is still at Rhyl depot.

12 Chester - Connahs Quay Y711 KNF (2711)
As a big fan of B10BLEs, this took me by surprise. Very slow, looked tired inside and out in terms of appearance and nothing special in terms of sound. Has since moved from Chester to Winsford I believe, although not 100% sure of that.

10 Connah's Quay - Chester CX15 BXS (4641)
Lovely bus, as far as newer ones go these are certainly amongst my favorites, sounds good, very fast and nippy and a very comfortable journey thanks to the Wi-Fi and big leather seats. Still at Chester depot.

11 Chester - Rhyl Y713 KNF (2713)
Again, very tired in terms of its appearance inside and out, however it had much more get up and go than 2711, had a fast driver too and had a very screechy fanbelt, most noticeable when pulling off from a standstill and when the bus hit a high speed. Has since moved from Rhyl to Chester and then Runcorn depot.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Bus days out - SK15 GZG - 01/06/2012, 18:42
RE: Bus-Related Outings & Reviews - Y727 KNF - 11/12/2016 14:46
Road Trip - B10B6514 - 30/09/2018, 01:16

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)