Current time: 03/05/2024, 12:44 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bus-Related Outings & Reviews
RE: Bus-Related Outings & Reviews
Today, me and my friend went out and visited SM&SL's Gillmoss depot; we also went on a few bus-rides after our depot visit. Here's what I rode on (with my friend on most journeys):

52 (ANW) - Netherton, Glovers Lane > Queen Square Bus Station
Pulsar 2 MX09 LYH (2946)
I was happy when I seen this preparing to start this journey in Netherton; I was also happy to see a decent driver at the wheel! The ride was excellent - maybe a bit slow to start off with, however 100% enjoyable throughout, with plenty of kickdown! The only disadvantages were a very eye-watering warm interior and constant rattles - the latter I couldn't care less about because the bus was excellent! An excellent start to the day...

(Met up with my friend in Queen Square Bus Station)

14A (SM&SL) - Queen Square Bus Station > Croxteth, Willow Way
Enviro300 PO11 BAA (27701)
After us spotting this bus coming into the bus station, we ran like mad for it! It's always been an excellent runner, as it was today, however the rattles become worse every time! I remember the days when it barely rattled... It was a disappointing ride in that respect, however the driver was quite fast and the bus sounded fantastic as always!

(Visit to SM&SL's Gillmoss depot)

14 (ANW) - Croxteth, Callestock Close > Queen Square Bus Station
Pulsar 2 MX61 AWF (3076)
This journey was fine! The bus was quite rattly, however the woman driver was quite fast and created an enjoyable ride!

18 (ANW) - Queen Square Bus Station > Queen Square Bus Station, via Croxteth
Pulsar CX58 EWR (2902)
This journey was absolutely fantastic! The bus was clearly in the famous "slow mode", however the woman driver floored it all the way - kickdown (slow kickdown like!) on gears one and two every time, with some one-off extraordinary high-pitched engine sounds too around Croxteth! She seemed to be in a rush (she ran off the bus when she came off towards Liverpool), which created an exceptional ride! The driver that took over wasn't bad, however she was better! Absolutely fantastic!

500 (ANW) - Queen Square Bus Station > Liverpool John Lennon Airport (Bus Station)
Citaro BX04 NDD (6032)
We enjoyed this journey, however a bunch of Irish women at the back close to us, who were very loud, ruined it slightly! The driver was fast and the bus was definitely a better example of the collection!

501 (ANW) - Liverpool John Lennon Airport (Bus Station) > Liverpool South Parkway Interchange (Bus Station)
Citaro BX04 MXM (6014)
This journey was fine - the driver was good enough for us! The bus wasn't very good though, ride-quality wise!

Railway Replacement Service for London Midland (Shropshire Bus & Coach) - Liverpool South Parkway Interchange (Bus Station) > Liverpool, Lime Street
Alexander PS TSU 651 (414)
This was a surprise arrival that we didn't plan on getting on, however we did anyway just for fun! The dual-purpose seats were very comfortable and the engine sounded fine, however an annoying, repetitive buzzing noise from the cab-area ruined the ride!

(Left my friend on Sir Thomas Street in Liverpool)

52 (ANW) - Liverpool, Sir Thomas Street > Netherton, Glovers Lane
Pulsar 2 MX59 FFY (3019)
This ride was so boring... I nearly fell asleep! The driver wasn't very fast and there were too many loud children on-board for most of the journey! The bus itself rattled a bit too. Not the best way to end what was a decent day...

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Bus days out - SK15 GZG - 01/06/2012, 18:42
RE: Bus-Related Outings & Reviews - M113 YKC - 04/06/2012 18:27
Road Trip - B10B6514 - 30/09/2018, 01:16

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)