Current time: 03/05/2024, 09:05 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bus-Related Outings & Reviews
RE: Bus-Related Outings & Reviews
Today, I went out to try and find some buses of interest. Here's what I rode:

52 (ANW) - Netherton, Glovers Lane > Bootle, Stanley Road
Pulsar CX58 FZH (2926)
I haven't had this bus for a while. It was a very good runner and featured very few rattles. The woman driver was fast, too!

52 (ANW) - Bootle Strand Shopping Centre > Queen Square Bus Station
Pulsar 2 MX09 LYJ (2947)
I was made up when I seen this bus turn up with a decent driver! Fantastic ride - dead quick off the line, every time!

14 (ANW) - Queen Square Bus Station > Broadway, Utting Avenue East
Pulsar 2 MX10 DCV (3059)
I was going to try and track this bus down on the weekend, however I seen it today and decided to get it done and over with. It sounded great, however the slow woman driver, who was on gear two for most of the journey, ruined the ride!

14 (ANW) - Broadway, Utting Avenue East > Queen Square Bus Station
Pulsar 2 MX61 AVZ (3073)
When I first got on-board, the driver was very slow. Then, strangely, he was driving at about 40-MPH through the 20-MPH zone! He continued to drive fast throughout the rest of the journey - excellent ride!

7 (ANW) - Queen Square Bus Station > Huyton Bus Station
Pulsar CX58 EWR (2902)
Such a slow bus... On the many hills en-route, the bus barely made it past 20-MPH - like it couldn't get off gear one! The driver was very fast - kickdown all the way!

10B (ANW) - Huyton Bus Station > Queen Square Bus Station
Pulsar 2 MX59 JJV (3029)
The driver was fast, however this "slow" bus was so boring to listen to! It sounded like my old favourite, Southport-based MX10 BZS (3033), however I'm starting to get a bit bored of these slow machines now. Sort them out, Arriva!

56A (ANW) - Liverpool, Sir Thomas Street > Netherton, Glovers Lane
Enviro400 MX09 LXN (4431)
I was surprised when this turned up - saved me from getting on MX09 LYG (2945)! Off gear four, the bus had this strange noise that made it sound like a Merseyrail train - very nice to listen to! Both fast drivers created a fantastic ride and a fantastic end to the day!

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Bus days out - SK15 GZG - 01/06/2012, 18:42
RE: Bus-Related Outings & Reviews - M113 YKC - 27/06/2012 18:20
Road Trip - B10B6514 - 30/09/2018, 01:16

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)