Current time: 09/05/2024, 13:57 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Aintree Coachline / Helms of Eastham
RE: Aintree Coachline / Helms of Eastham
BCI (XL66 ACL - 1001) is currently parked up towards the back of the Eastham garage, following its trip out to Showbus yesterday.

Also Dennis Arrow P55 ACL is also in the Eastham garage, for some repair work.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(26/09/2016 10:37)YK53 GXO Wrote:  BCI (XL66 ACL - 1001) is currently parked up towards the back of the Eastham garage, following its trip out to Showbus yesterday.

Also Dennis Arrow P55 ACL is also in the Eastham garage, for some repair work.

Was at Showbus myself the BCI is a really impressive vehicle and it won an award for best modern bus in show at Showbus. Congratulations to you all. Is the BCI due at Maghull Garage soon? Thanks.
(27/09/2016 06:26)MX12CFE Wrote:  Was at Showbus myself the BCI is a really impressive vehicle and it won an award for best modern bus in show at Showbus. Congratulations to you all. Is the BCI due at Maghull Garage soon? Thanks.

I wondered if BCI will going to Wirral Bus and Tram show on this Sunday before due at Maghull soon. I've see BCI at Showbus look good bus and bright inside the bus. Well Done to John and all.
(27/09/2016 06:56)326VFM Wrote:  I wondered if BCI will going to Wirral Bus and Tram show on this Sunday before due at Maghull soon. I've see BCI at Showbus look good bus and bright inside the bus. Well Done to John and all.

It does look very smart doesn't it! Rather large compared to the other deckers in the yard as well, it towers above the Trident and Scania deckers...

I will enquire about Sunday tomorrow, I highly doubt it as I believe John has his own plans as normal to take his own preserved vehicles as a part of NWVRT, but I am not too sure. Will ask!
Just something I want clearing up, I was talking to someone about the Helms BCI and they informed me that it isn't allowed through the Mersey Tunnels and that's why it was a bit later than normal getting to SHOWBUS on Sunday, I was just wondering whether this is true as I know Mersey Tunnels hae rules on what can/cant go through the tunnels, if I remember it was something to do with how many axels this vehicle has got
(28/09/2016 06:31)M60lad Wrote:  Just something I want clearing up, I was talking to someone about the Helms BCI and they informed me that it isn't allowed through the Mersey Tunnels and that's why it was a bit later than normal getting to SHOWBUS on Sunday, I was just wondering whether this is true as I know Mersey Tunnels hae rules on what can/cant go through the tunnels, if I remember it was something to do with how many axels this vehicle has got

There's a length limit of 12.2 m, could it be that?

Don't think it's axles, since they specify a toll for three-axled passenger vehicles with 9+ seats - unless it's the loading on a specific axle (I couldn't see any mention of axle weights on the website).
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
I would say the Wallasey Tunnel it should be allowed through , the Birkenhead Tunnel is more stringent because of the curves and the risk of crossing lanes on the bends.
(28/09/2016 06:31)M60lad Wrote:  Just something I want clearing up, I was talking to someone about the Helms BCI and they informed me that it isn't allowed through the Mersey Tunnels and that's why it was a bit later than normal getting to SHOWBUS on Sunday, I was just wondering whether this is true as I know Mersey Tunnels hae rules on what can/cant go through the tunnels, if I remember it was something to do with how many axels this vehicle has got

I believe the allowance for both the Mersey Tunnel's (Kingsway and Queensway) is 12.2 meters in length. The BCI is a tri-axle 12.5m vehicle, therefore the only way north is via the Runcorn/Widness bridge.

The height allowance for the tunnels is 3.9m for the Queensway tunnel, 5.0m for the Kingsway. The BCI is 4.4 meters in height so could fit through the Kingsway, but would be too long for both tunnels anyway.
Aintree Coachlines XL66ACL (1001) Seen here departing Showbus 2016 - https://www.flickr.com/photos/arrivanort...ateposted/

M.R.P Photography on Flickr | M.R.P_Videography on YouTube
The BCI Enterprise will be attending the Bus and Tram show on Sunday.

Since its trip out to Showbus, it has gone off to Aintree and been used on Merchant Taylors school contracts this week, so keep your eyes out folkes!

Also, I have overheard Stagecoach are highly considering throwing in the towel for the Little Sutton circular service 6 at the end of this year.
Unsure if it is true yet, but if it is, then the 6 will be operated by Aintree if they decide withdraw it.

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)