Current time: 08/05/2024, 21:55 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Aintree Coachline / Helms of Eastham
RE: Aintree Coachline / Helms of Eastham
Unless their buses serve the Railway Station Forecourt, I find it hard to believe that either Arriva or Stagecoach can 'steal' any potential revenue from Helms. From a passengers point of view, they would rather get on or wait for a bus at the front of the Station instead of having to walk across to the bus stop over the road.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
It only takes 15secs to cross the road and there's usually a 1 on the stand unlike Helms. Not sure where the 10 stops now? And there's still quite a few rail users still resent Helms making the service commercial as they used to get it for free. Also don't forget some folks have Arriva passes.
Indeed it may take 15 secs to cross, but would the elderly population, or anybody else for that matter, want to make that effort if they know that a bus is due, near enough at their footstep, within the next 5 mins at least?
Personally I usually walk into town - but I'd still say Arriva is tempting with the Sapphire brand on two routes now even for short journeys.
And you have the X8 to the market for £1 or the 5 to Foregate Street for 60p. Dont know much Arriva charge...?
I have to agree, even when Chester had a free rail link, if it wasn't there when I stepped foot out of the station, id just walk. Since that was axed I've not once used any bus from the station into the town.

The past few times I've used an x8 a number have people have used it from town to the station, so there is definitely competition, its just a matter of what's there and when, and who charges what..

I am no longer active on this forum.
Just having a browse through this and see your on topic of the Rail Link Sapphire Service 1 and 10 both charge £1 to Foregate Street and the 10 Charges £1.20 to the Bus Station Smile

M.R.P Photography on Flickr | M.R.P_Videography on YouTube
Volvo B6BLE/Wright Crusader X864 CCA (864) has been withdrawn today. This leaves L2 SLT (862) as the only remaining Crusader left running, this is due to stay until September this year.

Optare Versa YJ10 EYZ has now come to the end of its lease to Helms.

Also Ex-Ace Travel Dennis Trident/Plaxton President LK03 GHH has been given the fleet number of 128.
As of the 2nd of May, Chester - Huntington services 45\46 will be withdrawn completely.

Also to note, the Saturday variant of service 272 has now been re-routed to run between Ellesmere Port and Neston Station (not Cheshire Oaks and Parkgate) and now operates via Hanns Hall Road instead of Hadlow Road.
Dennis Trident II/Alexander Dennis Enviro 400 SN56 AWW (121) has been sold via Ensign to Cummins Engine suppliers. It will not be a service bus again.

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)