Current time: 08/05/2024, 05:48 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Aintree Coachline / Helms of Eastham
RE: Aintree Coachline / Helms of Eastham
(01/01/2014 11:28)Sprinterdriver Wrote:  But that's the point, they are guidelines!

SD.
Bad choice of the word 'guidelines' on my part, apologies.

The DDA regulations state 'best practice' is to show the route number on the nearside of the front destination display.
Quote this message in a reply
Guidelines or Best practice ,which ever it is still gives a lot of scope for confusion.
Find all posts by this user
(01/01/2014 13:59)wirralbus Wrote:  Guidelines or Best practice ,which ever it is still gives a lot of scope for confusion.

Indeed it does. I tend to use destinations as a barometer of operator quality....
Nothing wrong with those, perfectly clear and legible and I am not a fan of dots!

SD.
(31/12/2013 18:47)CX55BUS Wrote:  Yet another operator that can't set destinations to DDA guidelines.....

As others have said they are just guidelines, they're not mandatory. I recall having this conversation with the owners and managers of Avon Buses and ACL. They concluded that it is easier read to the average joe, if the number is on the left as we usually say the 272 to Ellesmere Port rather than the Ellesmere Port 272 for example. That said, even with the likes of Stagecoach, their scrolling destinations aren't fully DDA compliant either.

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Enviro 400 121 SN56 AWW saw its first public service back after its accident on service 45/46 & City Rail Link Today.

Also seeing its first passenger service today with helms was Plaxton Pointer 2/Dennis Dart MPD KN52 NFD.
Proposed fleet no.s for new additions to Helms fleet.

108 - MX09 AOL (Optare Solo M880SL)
109 - KN52 NFD (TransBus Pointer 2/TransBus Dart MPD 8.8m)
110 - KN52 NFE (TransBus Pointer 2/TransBus Dart MPD 8.8m)
I have heard that V137 MEV has sustained a major gearbox fault. X5 ACL also has a gearbox fault but they could decide to repair it due to it not being as major as 137s.
(22/02/2014 12:00)YK53 GXO Wrote:  I have heard that V137 MEV has been scrapped due to a major gearbox fault. X5 ACL also has a gearbox fault but they could decide to repair it due to it not being as major as 137s.

I last saw Trident V137MEV at Hooton over bridge (railway station) about 2 or 3 weeks ago, on the day were heavy raining.
(22/02/2014 14:34)326VFM Wrote:  
(22/02/2014 12:00)YK53 GXO Wrote:  I have heard that V137 MEV has been scrapped due to a major gearbox fault. X5 ACL also has a gearbox fault but they could decide to repair it due to it not being as major as 137s.

I last saw Trident V137MEV at Hooton over bridge (railway station) about 2 or 3 weeks ago, on the day were heavy raining.

We'll they got the gearbox working again just after Christmas but it failed again about 1 week ago, but this time the fault was a lot more major.

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)